I have my work email set up with my SMS folder. I recently added my personal email to my bb, is there a way to keep the work email synced to the SMS folder but not sync my personal email?
    06-20-10 07:37 PM
    Ok, so from what I gather is you use the joint inbox for your SMS and work email, but don't want your personal emails to go to the same folder?

If so, in your messages folder press menu then go to options. Then go to inbox settings and uncheck your personal email addy. this will make it not appear in the main folder, and you will have to go to the subfolder that will be created for it to check the mail.
    06-20-10 07:40 PM
    when I go to Options in the message folder I only have "general options, email setting, email reconciliation, spell check". I tried going to all of those but couldnt find anywhere to un check any email address.. Im running 4.6.1.250 btw, if that makes a difference
    06-20-10 07:47 PM
    Ah ok, well you should see an sms/email inbox option that you can make either "combined" "separate" "theme controlled" set it to separate.
    06-20-10 07:48 PM
    i do, but if i separate this then both emails wont be synced with the sms
    06-20-10 07:51 PM
    You will have an SMS folder, then a different folder for each of the email accounts. Its either this, or one folder for all 3.

Until OS 5, there is no way around that.

You could always load a leaked OS 5 build for the 8900 to gain this feature.
    06-20-10 07:59 PM
    I dont want to risk loading a leaked os on a device I use for work..

thanks anyways
    06-20-10 08:00 PM
    Understandable - I would be the same way.

Sorry that you can't achieve what you are looking to do. Hopefully your carrier will release an official 5.0 update for your device in the near future.
    06-20-10 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD