I believe that is true, the biggest complaint with the 8350i is no threaded messaging, i dont think they can do it with mms, so we might see sms soon...
    To see threaded MMS in action find some one with a Motorola i465 that has the option turned on. It really is a beautiful thing lol.
    04-07-10 11:20 AM
    how can it work if it comes in as MMS???
    The SMS sends out fine, that is what I mean by it works. I think we will see true SMS function soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 09:07 PM
    hi. i've searched and can not find if SMS will work with my 8350i. i am a nextel postpay. v4.6.1.313. mms, bbm, email and everything else works fine.i spoke to a lot of reps. that tried a bunch of different things. one rep. told me that the iden network doesn't support sms, only mms. bottom line, does any one know if/how to make SMS work on the 8350i. detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
    04-07-10 11:11 PM
    Well, that NEXTEL service center # didn't send out any SMS from y BB 8350i. It seems that it sends out but when I did a test with my friends AT&T phone, she never got any SMS, so I put the SouthernLinc # back and it works for me =)

04-07-10 11:18 PM
    whats the southlinc #?
    04-08-10 12:50 AM
    whats the southlinc #?
    The # is +13348000011

04-08-10 11:24 PM
    i found the NEXTEL service center number last night +12819654290 I was up all night searching the interweb and found the service center number, and it works i sent my google voice number a sms, but the reply still comes in mms. Supposedly with the next update NEXTEL is going to incorporate true sms to the 8350i.. I believe that is true, the biggest complaint with the 8350i is no threaded messaging, i dont think they can do it with mms, so we might see sms soon...
    What you found is SouthernLinc's SMS service number. They (as well as Telus & NII) are working to BLOCK it being used by Nextel or Boost users. It's one of the reason's you could send it as an SMS but receive it as an MMS.

True SMS messaging handsets were around as far back as the i880. It's right in the code plug. Problem is that Nextel never implemented it.

They should as one of the biggest gripes about Sprint or Boost Mobile's IDEN network are the messages. Maybe with all the new subscriber growth Boost Mobile has experienced they'll do something about it.
    04-09-10 08:21 PM
    pleaseeee i can send but I can't recive please help meeee
    04-18-10 02:19 AM
    my text is not working on my 8350i can some body help?
    05-06-10 11:50 PM
    i found the NEXTEL service center number last night +12819654290
    And in a comment to a different poster (not the one just quoted):

What you found is SouthernLinc's SMS service number (+13348000011). They (as well as Telus (+15148210053) & NII) are working to BLOCK it being used by Nextel or Boost users.
    I tried using the Telus and NEXTEL service numbers. Telus didn't work, it immediately showed up with the red X in the phone's log. NEXTEL showed that it had been delivered, but it never made it to the recipient's phone on a non-NEXTEL number, but did work when sending to another NEXTEL number. ??? Using the SouthernLinc number the SMS text message went through.

Based on what other's have said, and what my phone will do, it appears that BlackBerry is set up for SMS, but NEXTEL isn't. So if you want to send outgoing SMS from your BlackBerry off the NEXTEL network you have to do so through a 3rd party.
    Last edited by glenlee; 07-25-10 at 05:29 PM.
    05-30-10 04:48 PM
    So now I have the "Compose SMS Text" option on my 8350i, now how do i get rid of it because it doesn't work? Do I have to reload the OS?
    It works but for data coding choose 7bit on the sms text options
    06-09-10 07:49 PM
86 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD