what do you messages look like? how many do you have on your bb?

Just regular old emails. Some have small attachments, others have HUGE attachments. But my understanding is that the attachments aren't stored on the phone... but on the email server.

And here is a dumb question... but when I download a file for viewing on my phone, is it kept there or deleted after viewing it? I download a tremendous # of PDF files. Even faxes come to my phone (via PDF). I'm assuming it's all deleted (only email text is retained) otherwise my FF size would quickly go to zero.
    03-24-09 12:02 AM
    I just purged ~2,000 today. The phone works OK and I never let the FF memory drop below 20MB (I heard 12MB is the minimum). I like to have the emails (approx 6 months worth) in my hand. It's important for my job. You have no idea how many times I've had to recall old emails for work. Having them there, at least for me... is priceless.
    do you not have a work pc that these can be kept on?
    03-24-09 12:02 AM
    Just regular old emails. Some have small attachments, others have HUGE attachments. But my understanding is that the attachments aren't stored on the phone... but on the email server.

And here is a dumb question... but when I download a file for viewing on my phone, is it kept there or deleted after viewing it? I download a tremendous # of PDF files. Even faxes come to my phone (via PDF). I'm assuming it's all deleted (only email text is retained) otherwise my FF size would quickly go to zero.

they stay on your handheld.. you are dling it your or phone, so yes it stays. do you see them on your card?

that should be y it is so big.. what you may try and do is play with ur settings and set the messages to NOT backup and see what the file size is like... it should go down to normal - well, semi normal for you .
    Last edited by chelseytx; 03-24-09 at 12:10 AM.
    03-24-09 12:03 AM
    do you not have a work pc that these can be kept on?
    Yeah, I do. But I'm on the road (or at other offices) 70% of the time. I don't like to lug a laptop with me everywhere I go.

I don't have any games or other apps on my phone... it's strictly for work. I had FB on it once but got rid of it in fear it could crash my phone. Not sure why having so many emails on my phone is going to cause a disaster so as long as my file free is kept above 20MB or so. Unless you guys know something I don't?
    03-24-09 12:06 AM
    ****... I had a good post set up but we just lost power and net.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 12:07 AM
    Oppes sorry for the bad word cb

03-24-09 12:08 AM
    Having mass emails on the Berry will only cause problems if you are not paying attention to the file free, since you are and are aware that they can become an issue they probably never will. Things start to slow down and the file free drops, clean house a little - simple as that.... Keep it above 12mb or so and all is well.
    03-24-09 12:09 AM
    No.. As long at your ff stays above 12 mb you will be okay... After that the phone WILL start to delete messages and call logs (trust me on this - i could NEVER keep ANYTHING on my old 8830 b/c every 5 minutes it deleted cl and emails.

Last edited by chelseytx; 03-24-09 at 12:12 AM.
    03-24-09 12:10 AM
    lol.. i hate loosing power... thanks for the back up trem, and op, see my post above # 28 for more info... we got power and net back - for the moment at least.
    03-24-09 12:12 AM
    I just purged ~2,000 today. The phone works OK and I never let the FF memory drop below 20MB (I heard 12MB is the minimum). I like to have the emails (approx 6 months worth) in my hand. It's important for my job. You have no idea how many times I've had to recall old emails for work. Having them there, at least for me... is priceless.
    I know what you mean. Because of the FOIA I have to archive every email
    related to city business. What I have been doing is for the ones with no
    attachments I copy the as a memo into BBNotePad, which stores them on
    my memory card. The ones with attachments either I or my assistant archive
    to 2 different PCs
    03-24-09 12:58 AM
    what *do* u do ag?

and i sware i was going to add something else, but i cant remember atm.
    03-24-09 01:00 AM
    what *do* u do ag?
    Finance Director for a Health Services Dept.
    03-24-09 01:03 AM
    Sorry, had to step away from the computer and grab dinner. Thanks for your help guys. I feel a lot better. I just find it kind of ironic that I came here thinking my backup file was way too small... and in turn it ended up being bigger than anyone would expect. HA!
    03-24-09 01:46 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD