Hey guys,

I've had my 'berry for a good few months now. Best phone I've ever had! However my trackball is starting to 'stick' on menus. I've performed a quickpull numerous times. It could just be dust, if so how do I get the trackball out to clean it?

Also as a matter of interest, I'm looking to install one of the the newer OS versions (mine is still stock), is there a 'best'/recommended one worth installing?

Cheers in advance
    09-07-09 04:47 AM
    Rubbing alcohol and qtip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 06:02 AM
    I don't suggest rubbing alcohol while the trackball is still on the phone as some can get into the circuit board and damage your phone...I suggest you remove the trackball, clean it, and put it back in
    09-07-09 06:07 AM
    Thanks for the info, just noticed the stickied thread at the top of this forum too lol!
    09-07-09 06:08 AM
    Well I didn't sugges pouring rubbing alcohol inside the assembly, a tiny wee bit will not damage the circuitry at all. The assembly around the TB is quite resillient. If it was not we'd have tons of dead Blackberrys floating around due to humidity, condom-sation etc. .

09-07-09 07:03 AM
    Well I didn't sugges pouring rubbing alcohol inside the assembly, a tiny wee bit will not damage the circuitry at all. The assembly around the TB is quite resillient. If it was not we'd have tons of dead Blackberrys floating around due to humidity, condom-sation etc. .

lmao.........alcohol DOES work........DISCLAIMER: not the drinking kind
    09-07-09 11:03 AM
    plus, maybe a batt pull just before you clean it cant hurt..worked for me and many others
    09-07-09 11:14 AM
    I've used rubbing alcohol wipes to clean my entire device... they work great... I think you can find them at any pc support area of most stores.
    09-07-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD