my 8530 is very slow when i start it up every morning. the track pad is not responsive and when keys are pushed they show up on screen very slow is there a reason my bb runs like this only when first powered up every day. anyone else see this????
    05-25-10 11:02 AM
    Are you starting from a sleep mode, bedside mode, holster mode, battery pull?
    05-25-10 11:30 AM
    Are you starting from a sleep mode, bedside mode, holster mode, battery pull?
    I power bb off every nite to charge it while I sleep that's it no other special thing involved. Hope you can help me figure it out. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 03:20 PM
    Update the OS, if it's already updated, reload the OS. I'm sure one of those methods will fix it.
    05-25-10 04:42 PM
    If you have a lot of programs with auto-updates it will be slow on startup because those programs (ie facebook,twitter...) Auto-load current information.

05-25-10 09:17 PM
    dont use twitter facebook or any other social networking site on my bb...i do use my crackberry launcher, espn, nascar, weather, yankees etc. so my os was updated recently and this just kinda started to happen. guess as long as it doesnt affect my info i can live with it...thanks anyway guys.
    05-26-10 05:40 AM
    That's normal. It takes a BB a few minutes to walk up and rub its sleepy eyes. If you give it coffee it will wake up a little faster.
    05-26-10 10:11 AM
    I had this issue twice. Once with the out of the box OS, regular battery pulls fixed that. The second was the first couple days after updating. I reloaded the updated OS & my berry is running alot faster than before the update, even with all my auto updating apps.
    05-26-10 11:13 AM
    i installed quick pull maybe a few pulls and i will be good...who knows it may just work..
    05-26-10 01:10 PM
    Could be apps you have running? I just installed a auto wall paper changer called "Smarter Wallpaper" and set to change ever 15 seconds for my 8520. Oh man was I wrong to set it to 15 seconds... it bogged down my BB so hard cause it was just trying to catch up with what I'm trying to do and change the wall paper at the same time. Plus, no need to turn off your blackberry at night. Just put it on silent or bedside mode to conserve power, either way just leave it on while it charges imho.
    05-26-10 05:39 PM
    Media card scan happens after booting the device.

So if you have 8gb of media on your card, then boot up, it has to scan all that.
    05-26-10 05:50 PM
    As usual thanks to the crackberry universe for quick responses

05-26-10 06:36 PM
    Mine takes about 2 1/2 minutes to boot when it hits the BB "splash" screen. I think it's just the OS. Im running off of 5.0.0.681 leak. Maybe if i install the Official it'll be clocked faster?? I'm used to it but i dont like it.
    05-26-10 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD