Hello,

I am using a BB8300 and bought a 2GB microSD card (Kingston). However when I connect it to the PC via the USB cable, I experience extremely low data transfer rates such as about 18 minutes for a 700mb file on my PC and about 77kb/sec on my notebook.

What may be the problem?

Thanks in advance

SY
    10-28-07 12:10 PM
    Are you making the file transfer by enabling the Blackberry device as a mass storage device and coping directly via Windows files and folders? Or copying/transfering, (converting video?) within the Blackberry desktop software?
    10-28-07 05:50 PM
    Hello,

I am using a BB8300 and bought a 2GB MicroSD card (Kingston). However when I connect it to the PC via the USB cable, I experience extremely low data transfer rates such as about 18 minutes for a 700mb file on my PC and about 77kb/sec on my notebook.

What may be the problem?

Thanks in advance

SY
    Do NOT use DeskTop Manager to transfer files, that is painfully slow.

Use Windows Explorer. Make sure to have your Curve set to mass storage mode so that when you connect the Curve Windows opens up the chip in Explorer [see below for settings].

Do not even open DM when wanting to transfer files. On the below settings using Explorer I can transfer a 500MB file in about three to five minutes. [My USB port is 2.0, by the way.]

Last edited by Michael CrackBerry; 10-28-07 at 10:49 PM.
    10-28-07 10:47 PM
    thanks for the responses,

I am not using the BB Desktop software to transfer. I have enabled mass storage on the BB and it appears on my notebook as a USB flash memory card. I use drag and drop as one would while transferring a file from folder to folder on the hard disk.

Thanks

SY
    10-29-07 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD