can software/rogue software (such as flexispy) be in any way transferred via sim card from one phone to another?
    viruses are virtually unknown on a BB but can they be transferred theoretically with sim card?

can a virus for blackberry be attached to music mp3/picture/video files on memory card and then transferred to the actual phone?

Any and all legit help appreciated.
    No guessing please.
    Very important.
    Thanks!
    09-11-09 09:43 AM
    For a spy software to be installed on any BB, that spy/whoever needs to have your BB in hand to install that software onto your BB.

Then that spy will have to activate it on your BB, then hide it. If you suspect that a spy software has been activated on your BB, you will need to fully wipe the OS from your BB in order to get rid of that spy software.

Never let your BB out of your sight, its like never letting your drink unattended at a bar/club/where ever. Also, when a spy software has been activated on your BB your battery will drain faster then normal.

Thnx, �Tripster� .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 10:08 AM
    i don't typcially let it out of my site. but i cant be sure that my ex didn't get to it when i was in a shower before we separated months ago.

i have wiped my phone twice. installed an OS that i didn't have on it before as well.

But am thinking of getting a new berry and need to know should i just buy a new SIM from the store or is it safe to use the one from the possibly spied phone. Also, can it attach to phone book entries? Memory card photos/music? is it safe to use old memory card in new phone if old phone had spy software on it?
    09-11-09 10:18 AM
    i don't typcially let it out of my site. but i cant be sure that my ex didn't get to it when i was in a shower before we separated months ago.

i have wiped my phone twice. installed an OS that i didn't have on it before as well.

But am thinking of getting a new berry and need to know should i just buy a new SIM from the store or is it safe to use the one from the possibly spied phone. Also, can it attach to phone book entries? Memory card photos/music? is it safe to use old memory card in new phone if old phone had spy software on it?
    You cannot mod the SIM CARD, your fine. The software cannot be loaded onto the memory card. Civilian spy software is still caveman style and easy to get rid of, if you suspect you have the software on your phone.

Now, the government has the spy software that is really scary.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-11-09 10:22 AM
    don't want to accidentally transfer spyware from backup phone book and contacts list or backed up apps or anything like that or from memory card with all my music when i transfer them to new phone.
    09-11-09 10:24 AM
    don't want to accidentally transfer spyware from backup phone book and contacts list or backed up apps or anything like that or from memory card with all my music when i transfer them to new phone.
    Your fine, don't panic. All civilian spy software is activated within your device memory, not your SIM CARD or your memory card.

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-11-09 10:30 AM
    you rock. thank you for patience and taking the time!
    09-11-09 10:45 AM
    you rock. thank you for patience and taking the time!
    No problem!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-11-09 10:52 AM
    There is a way to share viruses between PC's using a BB memory card, it happened at work here when someone brought a virus in.

It's an autorun virus, basically when the memory card is inserted into a PC it auto runs the application and begins to infect. This virus cannot affect the BB itself but if the SIM card is put into a PC, it activates if you have autorun enabled.

The BB in this case is just the carrier but is itself immune.
    09-11-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD