Basically my Blackberry 8900 doesn't detect a SIM card even when there is a SIM Card in there. When it switches on it says "SIM card not found".

When I go to Options -> Advanced Options -> SIM Card it says there is "No valid sim card".

What is wrong?

Also, the phone is 15 months old and I am on Orange UK. There should be a 2 year warranty on all electrical devices. Are Orange obliged to fix it or do I have to go direct to RIM?

Thanks.
    06-22-10 08:30 AM
    Take it into an Orange dealer. It's possible the sim card is faulty, and not the phone. Either way, you can get further direction from the dealer since you're there already.
    06-22-10 08:52 AM
    Also, the phone is 15 months old and I am on Orange UK. There should be a 2 year warranty on all electrical devices. Are Orange obliged to fix it or do I have to go direct to RIM?

Thanks.
    If you are on an 18month contract call Orange and they will arrange to fix or replace it it for you or send you another SIM card if that is what is causing the problem. For the duration of the contract orange are responsible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 08:54 AM
    It's not a SIM card fault as I have tried alot of SIM cards and none of them are recognised (from same network and different networks)

Ill give Orange a ring and see what they say.

Thanks.
    06-22-10 09:02 AM
    Well Orange said that Blackberry give a 1 year warranty and it looks like they are right: BlackBerry - Handheld Limited Warranty

...but I thought all electrical consumer devices in the UK had to come with a 2 year warranty by default?
    06-23-10 06:17 AM
    Yeah Blackberry's Warranty follows the manufacture and not the carrier.
    06-25-10 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD