Hey all,

My formerly Nextel BoostBerry 8350i works just fine, except for one strange thing: my phone number is listed as the old number associated with the SIM card. Even though on the Boost website my phone number and SIM number are correct, and even though if you dial the correct number my BoostBerry still gets the call, it still shows me the wrong number... and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it. Anyone want to enlighten me?
    04-28-10 12:05 AM
    When you say your old phone number is listed.... Where?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 06:33 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card. It also shows the wrong number whenever I dial out. Correct SIM number, though.
    04-28-10 01:57 PM
    Anyone else can jump in here, but I don't think you can change it. I think you may have to either get the SIM card updated or get another one.

04-28-10 06:23 PM
    Same issue here, phone displaying an old number associated with sim card, any one with a solution on how to change it to new number? thanks in advance.
    06-19-10 09:34 AM
    Did you change your IMEI on Boost Mobile to your BB?
    06-19-10 11:00 AM
    Hey all,

My formerly Nextel BoostBerry 8350i works just fine, except for one strange thing: my phone number is listed as the old number associated with the SIM card. Even though on the Boost website my phone number and SIM number are correct, and even though if you dial the correct number my BoostBerry still gets the call, it still shows me the wrong number... and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change it. Anyone want to enlighten me?
    You can't change the number using the 8350i, you need to use a Nextel Motorola phone to "re-program" your new number to the SIM card. Just put your SIM in the Moto phone, go to… I think its Settings, My Info, Edit Number, Click OK, and you're done! Just put your SIM back on your BlackBerry and that should do the trick.
    06-20-10 02:17 PM
    Art vandelay...lol classic Seinfeld

06-20-10 02:26 PM
    I've done this with three 8350i's when the SIM showed "unknown number". Added the IMEI to Boost Mobile, did a master radio reset. It took a day or two, and the phone number changed on the SIM. Try it, maybe it will work for you.
    06-20-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD