I don't know if this is true but some one told me that if you use too much data it will slow your phone down. I have been streaming radio to my phone used 75 mb data in 3 days at this rate I will be at like 800 or so for the month I have unlimited plan and do a quickpull each morning will this be an issue??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 01:28 PM
    Streaming data doesn't slow anything down except other internet apps if you use them while streaming. The pipeline is only so big so the more programs that share it, the slower it gets.

But you can speed it up by running less internet apps at the same time.

As for the quick pull, shouldn't be necessary as you're describing it but it can't hurt either. It just won't have any effect on the streaming slowdown as there is no streaming slowdown.
    08-12-09 01:32 PM
    If you browse alot you may fill up your browser cache and load up a bunch of cookies. They can be deleted in browser options
    08-12-09 03:17 PM
    Can someone please tell me how much ram is a normal days use. I am new to BB, and seem to be using about 6 or 7 mb during the course of a day. Is that low, high, or average? Also, sometime 1 or 2 mb is used up during the night while it is charging but still on, is that normal? Thanks.
    08-12-09 05:48 PM
    Sounds normal.

The device will typically use 10MB during the day's use.
    Last edited by Motorcycle Mama; 08-12-09 at 05:53 PM.
    08-12-09 05:50 PM
    I think what you are asking is how low your memory can go before slowing your phone down. I would try and keep it above 23 mgs. But some use it in the high teens.

Or maybe you are asking how many apps run at once and that is hard to answer. Try and properly close apps when you leave them by menu exit/close so they don't continue to run in the background. Some 3rd party apps can be memory hogs.
    Last edited by plunkingtom; 08-12-09 at 05:52 PM.
    08-12-09 05:50 PM
    Thank you. Sort of confusing when you are inexperienced.
    08-12-09 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD