I got a hand-me-down Curve from a friend a few weeks back (my first smart phone... yay!) and I'm absolutely loving it. Thanks to tons of searching the past month here I'm loving the BBM, BerryWeather, UberTwitter, GoogleSync (I adore my Google Calendar), and Opera Mini.

My issue now is that the phone part doesn't work at all in my house (and some other areas, but obviously in my house is where I notice it most). I get absolutely no signal, sometimes incoming calls don't even come through and go straight to voicemail. I've lived here for a year and half and had Verizon the entire time, my husband has Verizon and we've never had issues with the 3 other phones we've owned while in this house. What gives? Any suggestions? Any ways to improve signal quality on the Curve? Is this a common issue?

I'd prefer to get this resolved without having to get rid of the BB, but my biggest priority is having a reliable phone (since we don't have a home phone) in case of emergencies.
    08-08-09 04:41 PM
    When you activated your newly acquired BB for the first time it should've updated the prl (Preferred Roaming List) in the phone, but try it anyway.

Dial *228, Option 2 and let the programming finish. Though if the service signal is a bad as you say, the process may not be able to complete.
    08-08-09 04:45 PM
    Also, what is the OS version on your 8330? Options > About, third line down.
    08-08-09 04:48 PM
    xliderider... I would tell you that you're a genius but it appears you already know that!

I did the *228 and my call failed before I even got to choose an option and said "Activation Unsuccessful" but I tried again and was able to complete it (you know, while wearing my foil hat and crossing my fingers and toes). And now I have 2 bars... let's hope we're good from here on out!

If not I'll be back in the thread to see what else your genius mind has to offer.
    08-08-09 04:51 PM
    Also, what is the OS version on your 8330? Options > About, third line down.
    v4.5.0.160 (Platform 3.4.0.41)

I upgraded to 4.5 a few weeks ago so I could download one of the themes on here.
    08-08-09 04:53 PM
    4.5.0.160 doesn't have the best radio when used on a Verizon 8330 IMO.

Keep an eye out for the network indicator cycling between 1XEV, 1X, 1xev, and 1x, especially now, since you did a *228, option 2.

Also, many Verizon users of 4.5.0.160 have reported a "chirping" sound through the earpiece speaker while using the phone.

If you experience either of these two issues on 4.5.0.160, I recommend downgrading your OS to Sprint's 4.5.0.131 instead:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E
    08-08-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD