Hey everyone, so I am incredibly annoyed with the crappy service T-mobile offers where I go to school. Outside ill get maybe two bars and inside ill go from two bars to one bar to SOS. This cycle takes about five minutes. Everyone else who has ATT, US Cellular, and others get great service but of course my phone barely works. Do those cell phone signal booster stickers work at all? Its really annoying that I live in an area where others get five bars inside and get 3G and I'm lucky to get two bars and I have GPRS! Not even Edge! (I know the 8900 isn't 3G capable) T-mobile advertises this area as having great coverage, yet I have to hang out a window to send a text or get calls.
    03-17-09 04:25 PM
    I'm sorry to hear that. I have the same problem at school.

We can't really blame our Blackberry because it has awesome radios inside, but T-Mobile, who has subpar coverage.

I've seen those signal boosters before at the kiosks at the mall, but I've yet to try one. I doubt it will have any real effect on your signal, though.
    03-17-09 04:39 PM
    Yes the stickers work. I put about 10 on mine and get full bars wherever I go!
    03-17-09 04:44 PM
    Are you serious? If so that's awesome! What brand do you use and how was your coverage before?

I'm sorry to hear that. I have the same problem at school.

We can't really blame our Blackberry because it has awesome radios inside, but T-Mobile, who has subpar coverage.

I've seen those signal boosters before at the kiosks at the mall, but I've yet to try one. I doubt it will have any real effect on your signal, though.
    The thing that really pisses me off is that the school has WIFI but its locked down so I can't even use UMA. If it weren't for UMA, I would have no service at home and I would have killed someone by now. I wish there was a way to force roam onto AT&T.
    03-17-09 04:49 PM
    They are snake oil, don't waste your money on them. If you want to throw $ away, pick a charity, the warm feeling lasts longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 04:49 PM
    M11, you need to download your sarcasm app. Have a giggle and go on.

03-17-09 05:01 PM
    LMAO ... That was hilarious!
    03-17-09 05:15 PM
    That's really funny!!!!
    03-17-09 05:24 PM
    Wow, am I ever gullible, haha. Does anyone know hot to force roam onto AT&T?
    03-17-09 09:17 PM
    Hey everyone, so I am incredibly annoyed with the crappy service T-mobile offers where I go to school. Outside ill get maybe two bars and inside ill go from two bars to one bar to SOS. This cycle takes about five minutes. Everyone else who has ATT, US Cellular, and others get great service but of course my phone barely works. Do those cell phone signal booster stickers work at all? Its really annoying that I live in an area where others get five bars inside and get 3G and I'm lucky to get two bars and I have GPRS! Not even Edge! (I know the 8900 isn't 3G capable) T-mobile advertises this area as having great coverage, yet I have to hang out a window to send a text or get calls.

In my experience, those signal boosters do not work. Of course, I have not used one in a while, so maybe there have been improvements to these items. Yet, I have always felt these are a giant rip.
    03-17-09 09:19 PM
    I dont think they work..... the factory antennae in this thing is great!!!
    03-17-09 09:30 PM
    I think ill try and sleep with the hot female IT head and get the wifi code. Then I can use UMA. (jk jk)
    03-17-09 10:22 PM
    I know how you feel.. There's one room in my school that I get absolutely no service.. But that's just one class.

03-17-09 11:00 PM
    [QUOTE=ExploitS;1994102]I know how you feel.. There's one room in my school that I get absolutely no service.. But that's just one class.

Actually, you could call that your NO class! Lol.

03-18-09 12:56 AM
    You can go to network setting and change it from automatic to manuall and pick att or any one you choose

03-18-09 08:00 AM
    Do those cell phone signal booster stickers work at all?
    They're a scam. Don't waste your money.
    03-18-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD