is the sidekicks charger compatible with the curve? i read somewhere that someones battery blew up or something cuz he used the wrong charger...even though it fit and charged, it overcharged it? something like that... i dont have both chargers with me so i cannot compare the wattage. please let me know. thanks guys!
    12-15-08 05:56 AM
    I don't know about the whole blowing up part, but as long as the charger is somewhere around 500mA, you should be fine. But I'd suggest using the BB one anytime over a non BB. charger!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 06:01 AM
    I would agree, use the BB charger. I tried to use my friends DASH charger...it would begin to charge and then just stop charging.
    12-15-08 11:38 AM
    Just make sure the voltage / amperage ratings on the charger fall within the BB's input ratings. (around 700mA @ 5V)
    12-15-08 11:40 AM
    I would use the BB charger if possible. The T-Mobile wasn't even made for the same network as the curve (I don't think) either way, the chargers are made specifically for their model for a purpose. (Amperage and Voltage as previously stated)
    12-15-08 02:26 PM
    I have a sidekick, but wouldn't think of using it's charger for my Berry. Stick to your supplied charger, if it's lost or something, replace it the phone is well worth it.
    12-15-08 02:30 PM
    i think i recall tried using it the other day and didnt work as did my friend try to use the BB charger on the SK.
    12-15-08 03:39 PM
    I wouldn't risk it to be honest.
    As tempting as it is to try lol.
    Id just stick with your Blackberry charger.
    12-15-08 06:47 PM
    Definatly stick with the bb charger. a lot of people will say that "as long as its a mini-usb youll be fine", and thats not true. although ive never heard of the blowing up battery thing, i do know that many mini-usb chargers dont acctually work for bb's, they either work for a little while and stop, or not at all. Dont risk it, your blackberry is like your bong, if you keep it clean and healthy, it will do wonderfull things for you.
    12-15-08 07:48 PM
    iam been using a moto charger and iam paying the price
    12-15-08 08:00 PM
    iam been using a moto charger and iam paying the price
    How is that?
    12-15-08 08:24 PM
    yea how is that cause im using a v3 razer charger as my car charger dont wanna kill my phone yet
    12-15-08 11:29 PM
    I haven't tried with my BB yet, but I know with my Moto Q I could only use the supplied Motorola charger for both the wall charger and for the USB/data charger. Our BB's might be the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 01:41 AM
    I sometimes use my old moto one if I can't find my BB and it seems to work fine, just takes a little longer to charge. The computer cord seems to work fine as well to sych my BB to my computer. I haven't noticed any kind of overheating problems with the battery or wall plug. (I always check both a few times each charge since my laptop cord was prone to overheating.)
    12-16-08 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD