08-28-09 01:20 PM
38 12
tools
    actually bb maps was selected by default so were all my third party apps. it asked if i wanted data restored and backed up or deleted. im assuming thats the back up yur speaking of.
    08-27-09 02:44 AM
    Whatever you do, don't disconnect from the computer till it says it is finished, or you get an error message. It often appears like the process is stuck, but let it go, it just takes a long time in some spots, like reconnecting to device, and initializing device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 02:45 AM
    Yes, that's the backup/restore I was referring to.

08-27-09 02:46 AM
    oh no no no! no disconnect device lol!! i know better than that!!!
    08-27-09 02:46 AM
    now once this is done updating can i tose the 4.5 run program i saved to the desktop? and the third party app folder? memory is a precious thing on my home pc as its a paper weight with problems lol. lucky im able to do this!
    08-27-09 02:55 AM
    I usually save the installer file and third party backup files in a folder somewhere. You might need it later.

If memory is that tight in your PC, delete the installer file. It can always be downloaded again if you need it.

08-27-09 03:04 AM
    Device softwear succesfully installed!! thank you so much for your help X!!!!! ill post soon as to the new os and its performance!!
    08-27-09 03:08 AM
    Glad to hear everything is good, so far.

08-27-09 03:11 AM
    Now that he's installed it, it's a moot point, but why is he running Sprint's OS?

I know it's also moot as far as OS's go, but VZW recently approved .131.. He could have directly installed it.

Oh well.. Like others mentioned, that should rectify the vast majority of your problems there Kaz..

08-27-09 04:44 AM
    FRM, Verizon did not approve .131 they approved .138

08-27-09 06:08 AM
    XL - great job working with kazuma! :-) glad it's working out well!

@kazuma - if space is at a premium on your PC, one option might be to store your installation files on the BlackBerry media card. That way you would always know where they are.

Incidentally, I have a company-issued VZW Curve and our IT policy requires using only vendor-approved OS. I have 4.5.0.77 and have not upgraded to VZW .138 because there appear to be quite a few problems. If I could load .131 I would :-)

08-27-09 07:07 AM
    UPDATE:

The new OS is doin great. Its even managing my sd card info better!

Multiple apps havnt been a problem so much. Still a little laggy but I'm picky like that! Havnt had the problem of text lag as of yet either! All of my third party apps appear to be fine, had to re register a few but who cares right there still there! Phone book and saved messages all carried over with out a problem! Internet seems to load just a tad bit faster, not much though. And I havnt seen a video randomly pause on its own yet!

I'm still erasing caches and soft reset once a day but that's out of habit more than anything. Ill try and stop and see what she does under load so to speak and see what happens.

The 4.5 OS from sprint seems very stable! I had one random reset yesterday that the BB did of its own free will. Believe that to be my fault tho. The reset went smooth and fast. My file free memory seems to stay around 41 now which is awsome!

SO A BIG THANK YOU IS DUE TO THE CRACKBERRY COMMUNITY!

Thanks X! I love my BB again! Lol
    08-28-09 01:16 PM
    Glad to hear everything is good now.
    08-28-09 01:20 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD