I am due for an upgrade. my options are a tour, bold 9650, or curve 8530 for Verizon. With new BB rumors on the horizon what suggestions do you all have if you were in my shoes. I love my curve. Simpler is better in my world.
    06-28-10 07:26 PM
    there will likely be a number of new offerings come september. with those, not only will you get 3g but the new os too. i vote for wait!
    06-28-10 07:39 PM
    I recently upgraded to the new Bold 9650. I'm really enjoying it. It's so much faster than my previous Curve. Especially when viewing photos. On my Curve I would always see "Loading" between each photo. The Bold goes from one image to the next with no lag at all. The camera is better also. The Auto Focus is a plus.
    Trackpad is awesome, along with more memory and WiFi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 11:44 PM
    You can always be asking this question because there's always something bew aeround the corner! I think the 9650 Bold offers an exciting new platform with astonishing features and a great OS (6.0 coming soon with yet more improvements) so I will be switching out my 8330 Curve soon.

06-29-10 12:08 AM
    I want to add on to getting the 9650.
    It will be the newest 8330e.
    The lowest device to receive 5.0.

Just something that will inevitibly happen.

06-29-10 12:10 AM
    I am leaning towards a 9650 bold. I wish I had the patience to wait considering the new slider rumors that are out there. I usualy pay Verizon an extra $70 for a 1 year contract instead of a 2 year contract, but even a 1 year contract will be rough if something new comes out in the net few months.
    06-29-10 06:58 AM
    I am leaning towards a 9650 bold. I wish I had the patience to wait considering the new slider rumors that are out there. I usualy pay Verizon an extra $70 for a 1 year contract instead of a 2 year contract, but even a 1 year contract will be rough if something new comes out in the net few months.
    The Slider seems to be a nice phone. Based on the video and leaked images, it will most likely be a GSM phone for AT&T. The Clamshell has been rumored to be a CDMA device. I'm not too thrilled about the Clamshell, so I feel confident with my 9650.

06-29-10 08:01 AM
    I'm personally waiting for the 9700a, to see if it really is a bold with a touchscreen. If it weren't for that (I really want a full qwerty, non-slide, BlackBerry with a touchscreen ) I would get the 9650.
    06-29-10 01:14 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today looking at the 9650. the sales rep told me the slider may be out next month (JULY). He said that I should wait. The slider will have the new OS 6.0. I realy hate touchscreen phones. I bought and sold storm1 and droid incredible after only a few weeks of use. I think I will wait for the slider, but on the other hand it would be nice to get a 9650 and just update to 6.0 when it becomes available. Tough decision.
    06-29-10 07:55 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today looking at the 9650. the sales rep told me the slider may be out next month (JULY). He said that I should wait. The slider will have the new OS 6.0. I realy hate touchscreen phones. I bought and sold storm1 and droid incredible after only a few weeks of use. I think I will wait for the slider, but on the other hand it would be nice to get a 9650 and just update to 6.0 when it becomes available. Tough decision.
    That would be a twist to the rumor mill. Everyone is saying that the Slider will be a GSM phone on AT&T network.

06-29-10 08:29 PM
    The 9650 is vicious. If you wait, what will you be waiting for? If you plan on sticking with BB, you might as well snatch up that Bold.
    06-29-10 08:54 PM
    So now I am realizing how far out of the BB loop I am. I see a Curve 8900. Looks like a Bold to me but without the optical trackpad. I like this phone but it does not have Verizon support.
    06-30-10 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD