Hey all,
    Ok, so I got my curve about two weeks ago now and I love it so far, however, I've already had to reset the phone (taking out the battery etc) twice.
    Once, because my phone stopped ringing or vibrating, no matter what setting I put it on, and the second time because that hourglass thing popped up and wouldn't let me do anything.

My battery is working ok, it tends to drain a bit- but i also have it in my office where I only get about two bars of service
    I've already set everything up- changed the preferences to how I like them, put all my information on there, etc.

My question is- with these few problems- I'm within my 30 days, should I get it replaced just to be on the safe side?

I also don't have a media card yet- I will get one this weekend. Will this improve performance?

*I also have insurance on the phone too (learned my lesson the hard way).

thank you!!!
    03-19-09 02:00 PM
    You could go exchange it, but all curves do things like that! There will never be a perfect bb. Battery pulls will never DIE! Sorry, but this is your call.

I would go get a media card if I were you...
    03-19-09 02:03 PM
    You may want to watch your free space. Do you have a lot of apps installed? Hit alt+left cap+h to check free space

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 02:05 PM
    Whatever you decide to do, make a backup with Desktop Manager. Then if you decide to exchange it, you can restore all your settings and apps to the new BB.

03-19-09 02:16 PM
    Having to do a battery pull once a week is no big deal. Stuff sometimes just gets hung up and needs to get reset.

Typically, the battery on the 8330 will only last one day especially if you are in a situation where the coverage is weak. Searching for a signal uses more battery.

Everything sounds fairly normal to me.
    03-19-09 02:38 PM
    Whatever you decide to do, make a backup with Desktop Manager. Then if you decide to exchange it, you can restore all your settings and apps to the new BB.

Good idea, i haven't gotten the hang of doing this... but i'll figure it out (and read about it on the forums lol) i'm currently without a computer, so it's probably ok to use my work one right? (it's password protected)

Yeah- i have to get the media card (getting paid tomorrow! I want one with large gb so i can put music on), i do have a few apps (pandora, slacker, facebook, twitterberry) so i'll check it out
    Thank you!!!
    03-19-09 02:39 PM
    Download Desktop Manager 4.6 from blackberry.com, Software, Desktop Software. Do you have administrative rights on your work computer? Some/most places restrict what you can download and install to work computers.
    03-19-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD