I'm sure this is a great app, and very useful and everything, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it. It seems pretty complicated to me. Anyone have this app and like it a lot? I guess I'm just kinda stuck.. So far every app I've downloaded has been extremely easy to use, and I've figured it out instantly. But this one confuses me for some reason... Maybe I've been too lazy to really read the directions, and I'm just posting this when I could be figuring it out, lol. Anyway, thanks for reading, and if you can help at all, that would be cool. I'm getting closer to just deleting it, as I was quite happy simply with the two convenience keys before. To me it seems paradoxically complicated for a shortcut app., lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 11:35 PM
    It is complicated and took me a long time to set up.

Open the app, click on the blackberry button and the menu to add/edit/move/etc apps pops up.

If you want to add an app, click add above or below (to add the app above or below the current selected position (note, the list goes from bottom up, so every time you open the app, your first selected app will be at the bottom of the list (so that should be your most used app, I guess)).

When you choose either Add above or below, scroll down and select "Show Me Settings View" (I'm not a big fan of their "Most Used Shortcuts" option because it's for thing's other than 3rd party apps I guess).

Your first option on the Shortcut Setting Page that you need to change is App. Name. By default it says "Nothing", select the app you want to open.

The next 3 options are your shortcuts, i.e., after opening the app, you'd type the key's BBB for blackberry browser (or whatever).

The parameter depends on what you're doing, if you're opening your browser, you can set the param to http://crackberry.com to open crackberry, or if you're setting an email, you can enter corinne @ crackberry.com to send the email.

Display name is what will be listed when you open shortcutme. If you want to put a bunch of emails into one folder (or category), you'd time Email.corinne @ crackberry.com, etc. or if you want blank messages (you'd leave the parameter blank) and name it as Email.blank or whatever.

Then just save.

I think there's a help file or something.
    06-17-10 05:48 PM
    DANG!!! Dang, because you typed all that, and dang, that's complicated! But thank you VERY much for explaining that for me, I appreciate it. So do you find it a useful app once you get it all set up?

I'm going to have to wait until morning to tackle that, and maybe have a couple shots of espresso or something, haha. I'm just not used to an app that is that involved.

Thx again c0rinne!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-10 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD