I downloaded and love Shazam... Anyways, it works great for like 4 or 5 songs and then, I get Sorry, Shazam can't connect. Please check your mobile can connect to the internet ! Do you want to retry?

error #1198.. I am good until June 1st with this trial ... Any suggestions?
    05-05-09 08:56 PM
    I think the trial will only allow you so many tags in a certain time frame. I paid the 5 bucks and can tag as much as I want. I have had no problems.
    05-05-09 10:46 PM
    I think the trial will only allow you so many tags in a certain time frame. I paid the 5 bucks and can tag as much as I want. I have had no problems.
    My trial ends June 1.. I thought it was unlimited until then?
    05-06-09 07:03 AM
    I downloaded and love Shazam... Anyways, it works great for like 4 or 5 songs and then, I get Sorry, Shazam can't connect. Please check your mobile can connect to the internet ! Do you want to retry?

error #1198.. I am good until June 1st with this trial ... Any suggestions?
    1198 means no data connection could be found. Mobile connection off, data not operational or data suspended are all reasons for 1198. Also, wi-fi not having an access point.

Bad signal maybe? What country, operator, handset model and OS version pls?
    05-06-09 07:22 AM
    1198 means no data connection could be found. Mobile connection off, data not operational or data suspended are all reasons for 1198. Also, wi-fi not having an access point.

Bad signal maybe? What country, operator, handset model and OS version pls?
    1. The signal is perfect.... Browsing the internet, checking email, all good with the signal It works flawless for about 4 or so songs and then the above happens

2. USA

3. U.S. Cellular

4. BlackBerry Curve 8330

5. OS Version 4.5
    05-06-09 08:53 AM
    I have the Curve 8330 on USCC and Shazam installed. It will work fine for a few days and then suddenly stop with no changes being made to my phone. Others suggested enabling the firewall, but this doesn't make a difference. Anyone have any other suggestions to what might be the problem?

I did notice that when I go to Services Status, it says:

BlackBerry Internet Service Connection: Not Connected

Although I can browse the web and send/receive e-mails and IM's without any problems. I know I am paying the $25 a month for BIS and the few times that Shazam has worked, it has shown "BIS" in the upper left corner of the screen when I am sending a song to be matched.
    05-14-09 04:49 PM
    I seem to get this same 1198 error half the time as well. Here is what happens:

I open the app and goes right to "Listening". Then when it switches to "Sending" it pops up saying cannot connect error 1198. I come here and do a search for the same error and this thread pops up. I checked my Services Status and saw that both BIS and BES were not connected, but I was able to use every single data feature ie: web, text, BB Messenger etc. I turned off the Mobile Network, turned it back on and then I was connected to BIS and BES. Weird huh?

Must have something to do with the Storm 9530 losing the connection for Shazam only but still allowing data to go through. WEIRD!

I have the paid version of Shazam. I have no idea how to fix this other than turning off the Mobile Network and then turning it back on. This has happened to my Storm with every OS upgrade I've gone through. I just thought the network or Shazam's servers were bogged down.

Here's the Network Status taken from Shazam on my phone right now:

GENERAL
    Shazam: 2.1.0/5444
    Model: 9530 v5.0.0.419
    Radio: CDMA with Data, EV-DO Rev0, Voice
    Signal: -80

BIS
    Can be used: Yes

SUMMARY
    Sucess! Can connect to the Internet using your network.

Any idea how to fix this so I don't have to check my Network Status every time before turning on Shazam? I'm going to PM Robin with this to see if she knows more...
    Last edited by jlanelson; 01-29-10 at 11:42 AM.
    01-29-10 11:37 AM
    I have the paid version of Shazam. I have no idea how to fix this other than turning off the Mobile Network and then turning it back on. This has happened to my Storm with every OS upgrade I've gone through. I just thought the network or Shazam's servers were bogged down.

SUMMARY
    Sucess! Can connect to the Internet using your network.

Any idea how to fix this so I don't have to check my Network Status every time before turning on Shazam? I'm going to PM Robin with this to see if she knows more...
    Thank you for this! While I await my reply from my rep at Shazam, Daniel, I tried your solutution and it worked! I have the Tour and just upgraded to 5.0.0.419...I also have the paid version of Shazam.
    02-26-10 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD