From what I can tell, ROGERS locks this options on the Internet Browser, and the field is un-editable. The Hotspot Browser, however, has the field present AND editable.
    very strange, I've use plenty of unlocked Rogers BlackBerries on ATT including currently the 8900 (OS .114) and had never come across this issue no matter the OS........it most likely has something to do w/the Service Book Configurations of Rogers...... I would understand not being able to change the default Home Page on their "Media/Carrier Browser" (dont know what it's called on Rogers), but for the "Internet Browser" not having the option boggles me..........i'm sure not a big problem for most, but an annoying one indeed.....
    01-12-09 11:58 AM
    Just tried this and it works.

Open browser, go to Options, Browser Configuration. Change the Home Page Address. NOW, go up the screen to the Start Page field and select Home Page. Now save the changes and exit the browser. Come back in and all should be well.
    01-12-09 01:01 PM
    I cannot change my home page at all. I am not on Rogers; I'm on tmobile. I know how to change the option - but you cannot change it on my 8900. When you go to that option, you cannot click, erase, etc. to change this. I do have the .114 os.
    03-30-09 04:35 PM
    I cannot change my home page at all. I am not on Rogers; I'm on tmobile. I know how to change the option - but you cannot change it on my 8900. When you go to that option, you cannot click, erase, etc. to change this. I do have the .114 os.
    I have the same problem and I have the newest OS (.231). I have even done the Crackmem and successfully deleted myfaves and the other nefarious crap.

I am wondering if adding a new browser will fix this problem or if you can fix it with BBfilescout?
    09-11-09 01:39 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD