I have had no luck in finding an answer by searching this forum.

I use my BB for work. I added my personal POP email account from verizon. It created a new Mail icon for the new verizon account I added, but it continues to post messages from both in the "Messages" icon (as well as verizon messages in the new verizon icon) I'd prefer that the 2 email accounts have fully separated inboxes.

I have already tried Messages/Options/General Options/SMS and Email Inboxes:Separate

Any ideas? Im running 8350i with 4.6.1.313 software.
    08-04-10 08:54 PM
    By design, ALL messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. There is no separate inbox for BES mail in OS versions prior to 5.0. BES mail only goes to the Messages Folder, where all the other mail also goes. So if you are on BES, there is no way to separate the Enterprise mail and the BIS mail in OS versions prior to 5.0. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.

Empower is a 3rd party app that will give you a BES inbox in OS 4.x. I haven't used it. If you are running a 5.0 OS, you have the ability to have a separate BES folder built in.
    08-04-10 09:46 PM
    Thanks.

Wow. I am surprised this cant be done. I have software prior to 5.0, so I am out of luck. I just dont want me personal email cluttering up my work email.
    08-05-10 09:16 AM
    You can go into your messages options, and then pick the option to now show your verzion (non-BES) emails into messages. Go to Messages - Options - Inbox Settings, and uncheck which email addresses you don't want showing up in messages.

I have OS 5.0, so not sure if this works on 4.5. Look for it.
    08-05-10 11:49 AM
    You can go into your messages options, and then pick the option to now show your verzion (non-BES) emails into messages. Go to Messages - Options - Inbox Settings, and uncheck which email addresses you don't want showing up in messages.

I have OS 5.0, so not sure if this works on 4.5. Look for it.
    This "Inbox Settings" option does not exist for me. I am using 4.6.1.313 on the 8350i. Oh well.
    08-05-10 12:49 PM
    upgrade to 5.0, separate them then downgrade back to 4.6. My email accts have have separate inboxes, yeah it shows in the messages folder when a new message is received, but once you read it it's not highlighted in messages any more.
    The 2nd + 3rd icons are my email accounts.
    08-05-10 05:44 PM
    OS 4.6 doesn't have the capability he's seeking. If he could upgrade to OS 5.0, he would have the capability, but he would lose it again when he went back to OS 4.6. The icons on your screen shot are BIS mail icons, not the BES service he is describing.
    08-05-10 08:15 PM
    Like JeffH says, www.getempower.com and their BES Mailbox is an excellent (not free) option to separate BES from the main message inbox.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-05-10 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD