I just got a 8900 and am new to blackberries in general. My first instant was to separate the SMS and E-Mails into two different folders. Then i decided i really didn't mind everything coming into one folder. Do you separate yours? Advantages?
    Disadvantages?
    03-21-09 11:47 PM
    I seperate mine. As far as an advantage for me none really. I just like the idea of all the sms going to one folder along with email to its folder.
    03-21-09 11:57 PM
    i don't. it's all right there and i don't have to hunt around for it. and also, if you get a yahoo msg or whatever it will show up in your message box anyway...i think

to me it's just easier not to navigate around to find something
    03-22-09 12:01 AM
    I separate mine also. but its more because i dont like seeing my txt msg and then right under it seeing a email that reminds of work on weekends. so is what separates my BB from personal use to work use.
    03-22-09 12:12 AM
    I also like it all in one location.
    03-22-09 12:15 AM
    I like it all in one location so I don't have to search for it because I get lazyyy lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 04:13 AM
    I like it separate... I like being able to refer back to E-mails and SMSs... My SMS is my communication means, while e-mail is mostly for school, and I like being able to refer back to an email in a pinch without looking for it buried under 100s of texts from my girlfriend, lol
    03-22-09 05:29 AM
    I combine the two because for me its easier to have everything in one box.

03-22-09 05:44 AM
    Mine is under one folder the only thing that sometimes gets annoying is when I'm looking for a email/text 2 days ago and I have to look through 2 days of email or text to find it

03-22-09 09:32 AM
    I like mine separated easier for me to find emails verse sms text.

03-22-09 10:12 AM
    I separate because I do a decent amount of texting and to delete them I do the scrolling method of highlighting then hit the DEL key and hit d. When I had the two combined I always had to hunt out random emails that were popping up throughout the day so I could save the ones I needed on the phone.

Separation got rid of that slight annoyance.

G
    03-22-09 10:16 AM
    Mine is under one folder the only thing that sometimes gets annoying is when I'm looking for a email/text 2 days ago and I have to look through 2 days of email or text to find it

Hit S and search for it? Much faster than browsing through. Plus Menu - View Folder will give you access to your MMS only and SMS only folders (both inbox and outbox). Plus you have your seperate mailboxes (icons) for each e-mail account you add. If you removed them - you can re-send your service books and get them. Move them to the IM folder and you'll have access to
    e-mails from individual accounts that way, too.
    03-22-09 11:11 AM
    Is there anyway to get your emails to stop coming to your default message folder? Here's basically what i think i want to do. Have the SMS icon, Have my BB email, and have everything else.. AIM, BBM, etc go to my default message folder. Because right now my emails still appear twice, once in my default message folder and once in my email folder right next to it.
    03-22-09 01:19 PM
    Combined for me. Its easier for me to just have it all go to one inbox.

03-22-09 01:30 PM
    also combined for me, saves a lot of time
    03-22-09 01:45 PM
    I like them separate so I know what type of message I'm getting. I also turned off IM messages going to my email folder. Haha, I even assigned a different notification for texts and email - the Female voice with English accent saying, "you have a new text message (or email). I have 4 email accounts so I put them in a folder and only use the default email folder. If you delete them in the default folder, they will delete in their folder at the same time. Maybe a bit overkill, but it helps me stay organized.

Last edited by exelant; 03-22-09 at 02:01 PM.
    03-22-09 01:58 PM
    I keep everything in one folder. I hate having to run around and look for different folders.

If I need something from a specific email the have their own shourt cuts but they are in another location. I like to only have the 18 sortcuts on my home screen

03-22-09 02:34 PM
    I have my separate.

What I really want is to sort my SMSs based on the person who sent them. So all of the SMSs from one person, no matter the day, are accessible in one long conversation.
    03-22-09 02:44 PM
    hey es thanks for the help!! you rock!
    03-23-09 09:59 AM
    Combined for me. You can setup some "search" shortcut with messages to just see the SMS. I don't have a lot SMS anyway. Why pay when you can email for "free" ?
    03-23-09 10:16 AM
    i like to keep them all together if i ever need to look for something i goto contacts pull up a contact and do a activaty log this pulls up everything from that contact.
    03-23-09 12:09 PM
    seperate, just a cleaner look to me
    03-23-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD