I just got a replacement today for my previous Curve 8530. My previous one, when I first bought it, had separate folders for e-mails and SMS/MMS messages, but when I first started using the new one, they have been combined into one folder and I cannot figure out how to separate them. I saw a thread asking a similar question for the Tour 9630, but the answer given for that told to utilize menu options that are not available on my phone. Can anyone help me?

Curve 8530, OS v. 5.0.0.459 platform 4.2.0.201
    05-20-10 08:39 PM
    Open Messages, Menu > Options > Config message list (or something like that)

You'll be able to separate from there.
    05-20-10 08:44 PM
    It should be under inbox settings
    05-20-10 08:47 PM
    Go to the envelope looking icon. Open it. Push the blackberry button and scroll to "options" you will see "inbox settings" open it. And at the bottom you will see "other message types" and make sure the box for "sms and mms" is checked. Save. And there you go

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 08:47 PM
    It should be under inbox settings
    Please guys, remember my device is in Portuguese

Whenever you see me say or whatever, it's because I have no idea what it should say in English (not that I can't translate, I just plain know it's gonna read something ELSE).
    05-20-10 08:52 PM
    lol as long as we're all helping that's all that matters
    05-20-10 08:56 PM
    "Inbox settings" is the 2nd one in the list.. Hope that helps lol

05-21-10 03:09 AM
    Hey so right now I have my personal Gmail E-mail, my work E-mail, my Blackberry Messenger messages, and my SMS/MMS messages all under the Messages icon.

Is it possible to add Facebook notifications, Google Talk, and AIM messages under this icon, also?
    05-21-10 11:19 AM
    Is it possible to add Facebook notifications, Google Talk, and AIM messages under this icon, also?
    Yes, go into the options of each of those apps, and make sure "show in main message list" is checked.

05-21-10 12:15 PM
    Thank you sir. I got it working for Google Talk and AIM, but not Facebook. The Facebook notifications still do not appear under the Messages icon. Hmm, do you know the exact name of the option under the Facebook options/settings?
    05-21-10 12:42 PM
    Go to FB, hit the bb button and go to options, make sure "blackberry messanger application" is checked
    05-21-10 12:44 PM
    I believe you will need to change that setting in the actual Facebook program. In the Facebook program press the menu button, go to Options then select Blackberry Message Application (or deselect if need be).
    05-21-10 12:46 PM
    Go to FB, hit the bb button and go to options, make sure "blackberry messanger application" is checked
    NICE, thank you!
    05-21-10 12:54 PM
    my pleasure
    05-21-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD