Hi when I use gmail on my BB that annoying 'sent from Blackberry wireless R device' is added to the end, twice as it happens.

In gmail settings I've unchecked the 'add sent from BB device' to messages box AND also deleted 'sent from my orange BB' on BB internet service under edit my account.

What else can I do?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 10:37 AM
    You need to go to your BIS email settings on your phone and change the signature there. Menu/Setup/Email Settings.
    01-04-09 11:09 AM
    If you log into your carriers BIS website there's an option to change the sig to whatever you want

01-04-09 11:56 AM
    Ok I tried that - went onto BIS email account settings/ edit. It showed all my details but signature could not be changed. It had a link next to it as a '?'

And when I click on it it just gives info about signatures, saying I can only change it in email settings in BIS (which I'm in) so I keep going round in circles.

I give up! Guess there's no way to remove it then :-(

01-04-09 01:12 PM
    You can only edit the signature via PC. You need to login to your carrier's BIS site from there...
    01-04-09 01:13 PM
    I've done that already on the orange BIS site. Gone into edit account removed 'sent from BB' on both my email accounts, saved preferences and still the damn sig shows up.. *sigh*

01-04-09 01:21 PM
    Maybe after you save, resend your service books again, then see what happens..
    01-04-09 01:22 PM
    You need to set up a filter, not change your signature line.

Log onto your account on your carrier's website. You should have the option to click on manage internet email. Select edit for your gmail address. Then when it pops up, select add filter, on the page that opens, in the first box give the filter a name, mine is named "me". In the second box select "from" field in the drop down menu, then put your gmail address in the third box, then check the "do not forward email to" device box on the bottom of the page. Then save. That was from memory, and the instructions are for TMo, but you should be able to do it for your provider as well.

01-04-09 01:34 PM
    Thanks for your patience guys :-)

I have a filter set so I don't get the email I've sent redelivered to my device by ignoring 'me' in mail text. Is what you're suggesting similar?

I will log on to my main pooter 2moro and explore further.

01-04-09 01:45 PM
    I believe you missed one thing when you set up your filter. I'm not sure what element it was, but yes, check it when you get to a computer. This method should work for you.

01-04-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD