I am still working on some UMA issues that might be mostly related to my Router (???????)..... tinkering with some settings and will report back if I can get success. I "think" I may have found something that appears to be doing something. (??????)

However, during the reconfiguring, I have been rebooting my router and felt it wise to do a battery pull and reboot on 8900 a couple of times.

I keep getting a message saying:

"You are attemping to open a secure connection to:
    - rcp.na.blackberry.com
    but the server's certificate contains a different domain name:
    - gateway.2wire.net

I have a blue bar with options:

- Continue
    - Close connection
    - View Certificate
    - Don't ask again

What is this message? What does it mean? And what should I do about it?

05-22-09 12:54 PM
    Not sure at rcp.na.blackberry.com is... I'm thinking somehow you mistyped the address... shouldn't that be na.blackberry.com???

I would "Close Connection".
    05-22-09 01:29 PM
    I don't know what rcp.na.blackberry.com is, but I didn't mis-type it. I checked my typing pretty carefully on it.

I have searched the internet and can't find much info aobut the rcp.na.blackberry.com. But, I think the "gateway.2wire.net" must have something to do with my AT&T router. (????)

So, I assume it is tring to connect to my router for WiFi/UMA (????). But, still no idea about the rcp.na.blackberry.com (????).

I clicked continue and the phone just went about it's business. For now I have the UMA signal. So, that is some improvement. I will still keep checking to confirm if the changes I made to my router settings were of any value.

Since the 8900 is basically a computer, I get nervous about certain warning messages being potential virus issues.

I have some other possible issues with my homepage that concern me. But, I will post those to a new thread later. The issues are intermittent. So, I want to check them a few more times to see if I can figure out what is going on.
    05-22-09 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD