Hi, here's a couple of things I have yet to understand:

1) when I am at the home screen and type "Dean", it will find my entry for "Dean James", but when I type "City" it will only find "City Wok" but it won't find "City of Los Angeles". It only finds "City of Los Angeles" if I go directly to the address book first and then start typing "City". I tried to think of a reason why this would be... When I search from the home screen, does it only bring up recently-called contacts? No, I didn't recently contact Dean. Does it only bring up contacts who have actual phone numbers? no, City of Los Angeles has a phone number associated with it.

Could someone please clue me in?

2) When I have a contact highlighted, whether in my address book, the call log or the messages log, I feel I should be able to click on it with the trackball or push the menu button and have the option to view the contact. But sometimes that option is just not there. I have not quite figured out the exact circumstances under which this happens (usually because I am busy trying to find one of the contact's alternate numbers and call them) but it's really frustrating. What gives?

Thanks mucho.
    11-24-08 03:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD