Up until this morning, Ive not had any problems with my 8530. I have NOT updated to the new OS thats out now, but all of a sudden my screen has started flickering. Ive not loaded anything different to the phone, Ive actually deleted a few themes and apps I dont really use. THis is just out of nowhere. Any ideas? Thanks!
    10-25-10 08:20 AM
    Flashing like light and dark, or stays lit but gets brighter and darker?
    10-25-10 10:00 AM
    Flashing, like flicks of brighter, then goes back to normal. REally fast, does that make sense?
    10-25-10 11:12 AM
    Yes. Perfect sense. Your device has an auto backlight feature (menu>options>screen/keyboard> auto dim backlight).

Thats what is happening if your toggeled to "on". Very normal.
    10-25-10 11:15 AM
    Are you talking about flickering like an old flourescent bulb,or a gradual lightening and darkening of the screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 12:40 AM
    I'm talking about a flickering like an old flourescent bulb, like right when it blows. I know what the gradual lightening and darkening is. I've always had my screen set to gradually dim after a few seconds to save battery life. This is something totally different.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-10 07:06 AM
    Temporarily turn off the auto dim feature and see if that clears the problem. This is just to narrow down what is going wrong.

You haven't gotten a new case for it? Have you have cleaned it/wipe the device off? Does it happen all over or just when placed in a certain area?
    10-26-10 07:31 AM
    I turned it off, just to check, but so far it still does it. Its mainly doing the flashing while Im texting. It doesnt happen when its just sitting, but only during use. Nope, no new case. I dont wipe it off or clean it with anything, just blow off the keys where there is dust. Strange....
    10-26-10 08:09 AM
    Wipe the whole BB off with a soft cloth like the one used for your glasses or a camera lens. You might have a bit of dirt on the light sensor. I was told the light sensor is in with the LED on the top of the BB, make sure that is clean.
    Last edited by Y_me; 10-26-10 at 08:50 AM.
    10-26-10 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD