Hi all. I have a little annoying problem, the screen doesn't flashes when new message arrives. I get a sound, vibration and led flashes red, but the screen stays pitch black.
    Tried setting the profile on quiet,normal and loud. Still the same black screen when the message arrives.
    Is there anything i can do to get the screen to "wake up", like when i get a incoming call?
    Thank you in advance.
    10-11-09 03:12 AM
    Hi all. I have a little annoying problem, the screen doesn't flashes when new message arrives. I get a sound, vibration and led flashes red, but the screen stays pitch black.
    Tried setting the profile on quiet,normal and loud. Still the same black screen when the message arrives.
    Is there anything i can do to get the screen to "wake up", like when i get a incoming call?
    Thank you in advance.
    The screen is not supposed to flash or "wake up" during any message notifications, just on calls. If that were to happen it would kill the battery if you are getting a large amount of messages throughout the day and keep coming in when screen has been dimmed out.

Sorry!
    10-11-09 04:27 AM
    Yup. We're fortunate RIM didn't make the screen wake up on message.
    10-11-09 07:48 AM
    only the LED light should flash with the red colour
    10-11-09 09:35 AM
    Thank you in advance.
    You can try BBlight which will add this functionality for free http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=bblight
    10-11-09 09:40 AM
    Am happy I don't have tht option becos my battery wud run down faster.
    I don't want my screen lighting hundreds of times a day for every email, txt etc tht I got.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 10:20 AM
    I had that on my last phone...your battery just dies within 3 hours then haha
    10-11-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD