I've just received my new Sandisk 16gb micsro sdhc card which i have just installed in my phone. Problem is the phone wont see it at all. When i check in 'options', 'memory' the phone indicated that there is no media card inserted.

I have the usual mass storage etc to on (my one gig card works with no problems).

I have tried formatting with my pc to ntfs, FAT32, exFAT but all to no avail.

This is really confusing to me as the card works as expected on my Vista laptop and XP laptop, i even tried the card in my wifes samsung mobile and it see's and formats the card no problems.

Any ideas, i have no idea what could be wrong?!

Thanks in advance
    Sean
    Last edited by seankly; 09-07-09 at 07:25 AM. Reason: I have OS 4.6.1.206, dunno if that helps
    09-07-09 07:23 AM
    You've tried everything. I dunno what else to suggest. Other than it sounds like its not inserted good enough in your phone. I would format it back to FAT. Not fat32 or ntfs btw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 07:31 AM
    How do i Format the card to FAT? I thought this format was only for cards 1gig and less?

Is there additional software i need to enable this, i dont see any option to format to Fat16/FAT.

Thanks for the speedy response!

Sean
    09-07-09 07:51 AM
    Yea I say reformat again, reboot the phone

If anythin the SDcard is damaged or maybe the phone
    09-07-09 07:55 AM
    I was hoping this was going to be an easy solution but it doesnt look like it.

The phone is only two weeks old and the card works in everything else i have tried it in.

Could there be a possibility of a corrupt OS which cant recognise the capacity of the card? I have checked the other posts on this and the os currently installed should see up to 32gb.

Cheers
    09-07-09 07:59 AM
    How do i Format the card to FAT? I thought this format was only for cards 1gig and less?

Is there additional software i need to enable this, i dont see any option to format to Fat16/FAT.

Thanks for the speedy response!

Sean
    I would format the card from the phone...Go to Options > Memory and click Format under the menu.
    09-07-09 08:03 AM
    The phone wont even recognise that there is a card in the slot and so there is no option in the menu to format the card.
    09-07-09 08:07 AM
    Ive just re-fomatted the card to exFat in Vista, inserted the card (phone didnt see it). Rebooted the phone and prompted me 'The media card inserted is not formatted, do you want to format it?'

I have just hit yes, i'll let you know what happens!
    09-07-09 08:12 AM
    Woo Hoo.....worked, now showing 14.8gb !!!

dont know what i did different but it worked.

Thanks to all for the speedy responses, much appreciated.

Thanks
    09-07-09 08:12 AM
    I believe you somehow did not insert the card properly before (although you might think you did). You took it out and reinserted correctly. Glad it is fine now.
    09-07-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD