So, I've read many threads regarding which is better and which to choose. Most of the time, the answer is based on who your carrier is or if you like 3g or Wifi. I'm faced with the same purchasing question, however, I have restrictions. My work is supplying me with a blackberry, and I have most versions available. I've narrowed it down to Bold on AT&T, Curve 8900 on Cincinnati Bell or T-mobile and the Tour on Verizon. The downside of it being from work is that they disable Wifi and GPS for security reasons. Also, I can order the Curve or Bold now, but have to wait a month for the Tour to be released for deployment to employees. And I will probably be carrying this in the pocket, so if you think the Bold is too large for that, please reply. With that said, which would you recommend?

My usage will be something like:
    email and calendar - 50%
    text - 25%
    phone - 25%
    web - 10%

Note: I know it doesn't add up to 100%, but I've got a feeling I'll be using the h&!! out of it! Ha!

Thanks in advance for any input.
    09-14-09 05:46 PM
    Its really up to you between the Tour and the Bold. I wouldn't recommend the 8900 in your case because, no WiFi = no deal. I use both the Bold and the Tour in the stores and then decide which you prefer personally. Good luck and I'm sure you will enjoy either device!

Yes ... I really did just post this! LOL
    09-14-09 06:10 PM
    LOL at aristile yeah I was like kinda in shock at how nice that was. And there were no links or directions or anything haha you must be in a good mood.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 07:32 PM
    Its really up to you between the Tour and the Bold. I wouldn't recommend the 8900 in your case because, no WiFi = no deal. I use both the Bold and the Tour in the stores and then decide which you prefer personally. Good luck and I'm sure you will enjoy either device!

Yes ... I really did just post this! LOL
    LOL at aristile yeah I was like kinda in shock at how nice that was. And there were no links or directions or anything haha you must be in a good mood.

...am I missing a joke here?
    09-14-09 07:41 PM
    ...am I missing a joke here?
    Stick around... you'll get it soon enough

09-14-09 08:07 PM
    Stick around... you'll get it soon enough

What I'm assuming, is that the joke is based around me asking this question in a 8900 forum and expecting an unbiased opinion...and actually getting a sarcastic answer. I guess the real question is, if your 8900 didn't have Wifi and GPS would you have still went with it? There are still other parts that are different among the phones...keyboard, form-factor, build quality...etc. Are any of these reasons why you went with the 8900 or was is truely because your provider doesn't offer the Bold or Tour?
    09-14-09 08:14 PM

Hey! I'm nice, just taken the wrong way a good bit of the time. It is football season though, a double-header on tonight and I am going to Vegas tomorrow ... so that helps!

Besides, the thing I was talking about is that I recommended a Tour or Bold over an 8900! HAHA
    09-14-09 08:24 PM
    What I'm assuming, is that the joke is based around me asking this question in a 8900 forum and expecting an unbiased opinion...and actually getting a sarcastic answer. I guess the real question is, if your 8900 didn't have Wifi and GPS would you have still went with it? There are still other parts that are different among the phones...keyboard, form-factor, build quality...etc. Are any of these reasons why you went with the 8900 or was is truely because your provider doesn't offer the Bold or Tour?
    I didn't give you a sarcastic answer ... that time. In fact, I think I gave you pretty solid advice. If you want to know why I personally chose the 8900 over the Bold, check the comparison link in my signature.

How's that G3? Did I meet my quota now?
    09-14-09 08:27 PM
    Hey! I'm nice, just taken the wrong way a good bit of the time. It is football season though, a double-header on tonight and I am going to Vegas tomorrow ... so that helps!

Besides, the thing I was talking about is that I recommended a Tour or Bold over an 8900! HAHA

So with that said...(note: my sarcasm meter is still calibrated to the XDA forums, so take it easy on the newbie for at least one post...HA...can't wait to hear the comments about being a future WinMo convertee ), would you have went with the 8900 if it didn't have Wifi or GPS? Does it have benefits for you over the Tour or is it a carrier thing? Thing is...I have company cash and want to get the most out of it.
    Last edited by eiger06; 09-14-09 at 08:58 PM. Reason: took out reference to Bold since you answered it in your previous post
    09-14-09 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD