Dear all,

I have a 8900, which a has a Latin keyboard. All my contacts are written in Russian (I mean Cyrillic alphabet). I have restored them from my previous Strom 9500. Now each time I try to find a contact I meet the same problem, I have to type... and type till I fond the right symbol and compose the needed word.

What can I do in order to be able to type with Latin symbols and get the needed Russian word instantly (from the main menu)?

The same for: e-mail, BB messenger, sms, mms, browser?

Is there any app which could help me?
    It's quite very important for me to know how does this app. will work? Why? Because I have to dial/e-mail like 3 persons per minute and I don't want to loose time while finding the right word?

Thank you in advance,

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon,
    07-04-10 08:48 AM
    I would use autotext, and make latin text that is replaced by Russian. Just be careful it's something you either wouldn't use in English, or remember to hit delete twice after the space bar if you want the English.

Posted from my berSupercharged Onyx at Idon'tneednostinkin'mobileview.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 08:58 AM
    Welcoem to CrackBerry.

You need to install the Russian language on your phone.

Let's tryt something.

Go to Options, Language and Text Input and see if you can locate Russian as a Language and as an Input Language. If you can then you are home free. You now just need to remeber which keyboard keys generate which cyrilic character. You might even find a Cyrilic keyboard on ebay or Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,

If Russian is not present on your phone then you need to find an Operating System that comes with Russian. This is actually quite easy. Have a look in the OS forum http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/ or on a Russian phone carrier's site to locate the needed OS.

Once found, download it to your PC and follwo these instructions BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com to get the job done.

If you need more help then please come back here.
    07-04-10 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD