I've read a bunch of threads on how RMM is problematic. So using add/remove programs, I removed it. But it's left a bunch of things like RoxWatchTray9 in startup,
    and under services:
    Roxio UPnP REnder9
    Roxio Upnp Server9
    RoxMediaDB9
    RoxioHardDriveWatcher9

Anyone know how I can clear these off my system? There is no Roxio in my "add or remove programs" app any longer.

Are any of these needed for normal BlackBErry operation of BB Desktop Manager?
    09-03-08 01:23 AM
    I have no idea how to do this but I typed 'remove roxio' into Google and came up with this Download Roxio Zap 1.0 - Remove Roxio software trails from your computer - Softpedia.

I have NO idea if theis program works because I have not tried it but clearly someone loves Roxio as much as me and saw fit to try and create a Roxio killer. Give that man a cookie, I say.

The program is free.
    09-03-08 05:34 AM
    You can also download and install a version of DM without Roxio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 07:18 AM
    The problem is removing traces of Roxio AFTER the version of DM with it has been removed from the PC.

Roxio is most remis in not cleaning up their installation. This is one of the most basic parts of PC product installation and de-installation. Roxio has left processes installed and running even after the product has been removed via Control Panel. Unforgivable.

I have never like Roxio and this is one more thing that convinces me that they are an irresponsible company.
    09-03-08 07:29 AM
    You can also download and install a version of DM without Roxio.

Yes, and the benefit there is that it takes up much less room. IMO, this would be "cleaner" to do than trying to remove elements of the original install.
    09-03-08 07:42 AM
    That is unforgivable.

09-03-08 07:44 AM
    The problem is removing traces of Roxio AFTER the version of DM with it has been removed from the PC.

Roxio is most remis in not cleaning up their installation. This is one of the most basic parts of PC product installation and de-installation. Roxio has left processes installed and running even after the product has been removed via Control Panel. Unforgivable.

I have never like Roxio and this is one more thing that convinces me that they are an irresponsible company.
    Pete, do you know if this is limited to particular versions of DM, and if it has been addressed in the later versions. I, personally, have not seen any issues, but then, I haven't used MM...yet.

Thanks
    09-03-08 07:46 AM
    I did finally get all traces of Roxio off my startup and services by reinstalling BB Desktop Manager 4.2.2 again. Then making sure all Roxio applications were exited and not running. Then did a full removal through add/remove programs.

This time, it was a clean removal. I then installed BB Desktop 4.6 without Media Manager this time. BUT, it runs a lot slower then 4.2.2

Now I'm wondering if I should remove 4.6 and go back to 4.2.2 without MM.

Anyone know if 4.6 does indeed run slower than 4.2.2?
    09-03-08 10:46 PM
    I have 4.2 on my desktop and 4.6 on my laptop and
    notice no appreciable difference in speed between the 2.
    09-03-08 10:48 PM
    I haven't noticed any difference either, but all I have is a notebook if that makes a difference.
    09-03-08 11:12 PM
    Roxio loads SO much crap, I uninstalled a totally non-related program and Roxio went nuts and would not let me out of some Windows installer loop that ended up wanting the Roxio CD which I did not have since I did not load it it came with DM.
    I eventually had to reload my laptop.

NO MORE ROXIO EVER !!!
    09-03-08 11:12 PM
    After removing Roxio, my laptop boots up 40 seconds faster.
    09-04-08 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD