hey guyxx....i wanted to ask that i have an router on which my BB doesnt work so i m planning to a buy a LINKSYS router n the model is ''wrt54g2'' so i wanted to know that will BB work on this or no ?? because i have heard people are finding it difficult to connect there WI-FI to this router...so PLX HELP...tnx !!
    06-04-10 02:53 PM
    I have a Netgear WPN82v3 and with WEP security, I CANNOT connect, don't know about WPA as some devices in my network will not support it, so I don't use the wifi personally.
    06-04-10 02:55 PM
    I have a Netgear WPN82v3 and with WEP security, I CANNOT connect, don't know about WPA as some devices in my network will not support it, so I don't use the wifi personally.
    so the router u use that is netgear n even on that u can not access WI-FI ???
    06-04-10 02:59 PM
    help guyxxx (
    06-04-10 03:48 PM
    I know this will probably hurt more than help, but depending on the version you can run DD-WRT or Tomato on most WRT54G routers, which will work great with a Blackberry.

But why not just change the security settings on your existing router?

Or even better, keep this all in one thread instead of 3?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 04:16 PM
    I know this will probably hurt more than help, but depending on the version you can run DD-WRT or Tomato on most WRT54G routers, which will work great with a Blackberry.

But why not just change the security settings on your existing router?

Or even better, keep this all in one thread instead of 3?

sorry for posting it 3 times but i m new n confused,i'll learn
    For sum reason it doesnt work on my current router,i have literally done everything which was possible but no the router wont give up >
    so u say that i should go got the LINKSYS WRT54g2 ???
    06-04-10 04:30 PM
    Best thing you can do is google +wrt54g2 +blackberry +wifi and make sure it will work.

06-04-10 05:06 PM
    We really need to consolidate these three threads as this is becoming unmanageable. I have used my BB 8520 with virtually every brand of router, LinkSys (now Cisco), Netgear, DLink, Belkin, and TrendNet and have never had an issue with it connecting to any of them. I even hooked it up on a Buffalo router that my neighbor uses. The only one I haven't tried is a Hawking as I haven't found anyone who uses this brand. I have also had no issue hooking up to VOIP Wireless Routers from Vonnage. So my impression is that it is almost always a configuration issue, not a BB or Router issue. Let me say this just so there is no confusion, I am MCSE certified and have a decent background in networking so I probably have a little easier time setting these routers up than some others. That being said, the newer routers are much easier to set up and use than just a couple of years ago. I mean even a $80 HP InkJet Printer has wireless built in so the vendors of the routers have made great strides in setting up home networking to utilize the new devices that have WiFi built in like our BB's.

sorry for posting it 3 times but i m new n confused,i'll learn
    I'm just curious, did you even read the FAQ on posting? It clearly states that you shouldn't make multiple posts. It also states that you should READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING.
    06-04-10 07:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD