Is the type of the screen on the 8520 like the one on the Bold? I mean, do you get a ripple when you push on it, TFT-like?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 05:59 PM
    To me its just like the one on the 8900 actually.

08-04-09 07:53 PM
    Is the type of the screen on the 8520 like the one on the Bold? I mean, do you get a ripple when you push on it, TFT-like?

It IS a TFT.... so i'm not sure why you wouldn't expect it to behave like one?
    08-04-09 08:25 PM
    The real question is if you get ripple if you press on the send/end, back keys, or the keyboard itself. Pressing on the screen will give you a ripple I would guess. But on the Tour all of them ripple when simply pressing on keys! And the ones that don't, I am skeptical of b/c I think that there is a fundamental design flaw. I'd love to be wrong. I'll be going on my third Tour, and if I can't get a good one after the third try, forget it. My curve has given me no problems.

FYI, the bold and the curve 8900 that I checked out in a store for ripple, with my Tour right next to me, do not ripple when pressing on the keys...HARD. The Tour is in a whole other class for the worse. I'm curious to know if the 8520 will have this problem en masse. If it does, let us know!
    08-06-09 12:30 PM
    The screen ripple isn't really big deal in my opinion. I have the tour and the screen ripples but I generally don't touch the screen anyway

08-07-09 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD