I have my profile set to loud, but the ringtone volume is still not over loud, is there a way I can increase this, or is there an application that can help
    03-16-09 07:07 AM
    I don't think you can change it. I have found that some ringtones are anywhere from a lot louder to a little louder than others. Do you get a difference in volume when you change ringtones?

Also what OS are you running? Have you upgraded to the newest OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 07:14 AM
    i have tried a few ringtones but none are that loud, as for os not sure about if it is the latest, have only had the phone a week, so it should be up to date
    03-16-09 07:20 AM
    Just thought about something. You can go into your media options, then select ringtones. Hit your menu key and you may see an option for audio boost. If so change the option to yes and see if that makes it any louder. I am not sure if this option is on the 8900 or not though, but it wouldn't hurt to look.

03-16-09 07:21 AM
    Can't edit. I am sorry. Go into your media. Select ringtones. Hit your menu key, scroll down to options. Select options THEN you should see the audio boost option. Let me know if this works.

Sorry for missing a step above. I haven't come fully awake yet.

03-16-09 07:25 AM
    had a look and i have audio boost on, not to worry, i can make do with the volume i have.

Thanks for you help
    03-16-09 07:29 AM
    Sorry. There may be another way that I am not aware of. I am not as seasoned as some others here are. If there is another way someone will chime in shortly.

I have actually had this problem with my curve. The ringer volume would be loud one time and real low the next. The last OS upgrade solved the issue for me.

You may benefit from checking into what OS you are running and if it is the latest one available. If I am not mistaken they posted an OS update last week for the 8900. Search for that and compare it to what is installed on your phone.

03-16-09 07:42 AM
    The current OS (168) definitely increases the volume of your ringtones. I had to turn some of mine down after my upgrade.
    03-16-09 08:04 AM
    Thank you mikasten! I thought that I had read that on here at the beginning of last week or so. Hopefully the OP will come back, see this, and give it a go. I am assuming that even if he/she has had his BB for a week, it was still shipped with a slightly older OS installed on it.

03-16-09 08:26 AM
    .133 has really loud ring volume as well.

03-16-09 10:07 AM
    What i did i made my ringtones on I tunes and then change settings there to make it just perfect and I love it !
    03-16-09 10:25 AM
    Can't edit. I am sorry. Go into your media. Select ringtones. Hit your menu key, scroll down to options. Select options THEN you should see the audio boost option. Let me know if this works.

Sorry for missing a step above. I haven't come fully awake yet.

thanks for the info, helped me a great deal. Fixed the problem.
    04-07-09 07:06 AM
    You can upgrade to .199 then the ring tones will be really loud.
    04-07-09 09:27 AM
    how to you check and upgrade your OS? lol...
    06-14-10 08:21 PM
    mine was very quiet.went back to the shop and he put a code into it and its nice and loud now
    06-16-10 10:49 AM
    As far, as I can remember (sometimes its hard, after a party weekend )
    .152 had the loudest ringtones!

But did you check, if you Profil "loud" is really set on 10??
    06-16-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD