Hi all, just looking for some help. When I receive a call it takes like 4 rings before my ringtone is triggered, by the time I hear the call and have took the phone out of my pocket the call is usually terminated by the sender. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
    Last edited by The Chosen; 08-13-09 at 05:56 PM.
    08-13-09 05:52 PM
    Try a different ring tone and if it still dose this call your carrier as it could be something on there end.
    08-13-09 05:58 PM
    Its not the ringtone. If u have ur profile set to Vibrate and Ring, the phone will vibrate 3 times and then your ringtone plays. There's an app called Buzz Me (i think so) and its free, which u can run in the background and it will make ur phone vibrate and ring at the same time. If you dont want this, just change it to Tone and it should ring right as u get the call...
    08-13-09 10:47 PM
    yea i found that the usual cause for this is a vibe + ring option. the vibes really waste alot of the ringing time, so when the ringtone actually starts, its too late. i turned the vibe off and just have it on ring so i dont lose any calls.
    08-14-09 02:02 AM
    Don't think the OP is using vib - ring setting since they have the phone in there pocket they would feel the vibrations.
    08-14-09 07:40 AM
    One thing to consider is the file size of the ringtone. If it's a ringtone you made or put on your phone, if it's large, it can take a while for it to start. You can always edit the ringtone and save it in a smaller format. MP3 works well at 96 to 128 bitrate. That might help.
    08-14-09 11:18 AM
    Its not the ringtone. If u have ur profile set to Vibrate and Ring, the phone will vibrate 3 times and then your ringtone plays. There's an app called Buzz Me (i think so) and its free, which u can run in the background and it will make ur phone vibrate and ring at the same time. If you dont want this, just change it to Tone and it should ring right as u get the call...
    Thanks! This was the problem. Funny how they don't vibrate and ring at the same time though.

I've downloaded that "Buzz Me" and it works a treat.

Thanks for the replies everyone, it's all sorted!
    08-14-09 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD