Hi guys,

I have a Boost Mobile Blackberry Curve 8330. I got it off eBay -- the seller said that it needed to have its operating system re-installed, and it looked easy enough, so I bought it. The seller is going to give me a refund if I can't get it installed.

Anyhow, I've looked through the turorials and all, and I seem to be doing everything right, but I keep coming up with one glitch. I get the phone to stop its re-boot cycle, and go to load the operating system. It ends up saying "Task in Progress" and to not remove my device because it will become unusable if I do. It takes awhile, and eventually I guess the phone goes back to re-booting. Then, an error message comes up, and it says "Application Loader was not able to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, blah blah blah." I re-connect the device, and get nothing.

Can anyone explain what I should do here? Each time I get to this phase, the phone I guess goes back to its continuous re-boot cycle... should I just send it back, or is there some known way to fix it?

Thanks so much....
    07-09-10 01:57 AM
    So the BB came with the problem of continuously rebooting?

Does it have a memory card in it? If it does, take it out and try again.

I'm assuming that desktop manager is able to detect the pin/device. You might want to consider wiping the phone completely with jl cmndr and trying the os reload after you get the expected 505 error.
    07-09-10 04:51 AM
    07-09-10 04:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD