I saw TRAPSTER.com listed on one of the posts giving free application info.

I downloaded it to my Curve 8310, and I couldn't believe how well it REALLY works!!

While I was driving, my phone began vibrating and the voice alert warned me of an active police radar location I was coming near. It went off a good 2 minutes before my radar detector. When I came over the hill, there he sat! If I didn't have TRAPSTER, I would have, unfortunately, received a ticket.

Just wanted to let y'all know that from now on me and my lead foot will not leave home without it!
    10-16-08 03:58 PM
    downloaded it but my gps doesnt work with it and im not buying a special one just for it.
    10-16-08 05:48 PM
    darn me for owning a 8320...

i want gps...
    10-16-08 05:51 PM
    so I am going to bump this I am downloading it right now to see how it works in Canada
    I can only hope for the best
    10-16-08 06:05 PM
    I'm sure it works good for sprint. But vzw gps doesn't use it. But my gypsii program uses internal gps just fine. Maybe trapster needs to reprogram the program?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 06:11 PM
    I am in the UK, and looking at the maps of current cameras listed, there are only a few - but we have to start somewhere eh!!

My question though... I have downloaded program, created an account etc, and all I get is a crosshair with a red dot, on a blank white screen? I have BB Maps installed - Any ideas how to get it working?
    Ta!
    10-17-08 07:52 AM
    I am in the UK, and looking at the maps of current cameras listed, there are only a few - but we have to start somewhere eh!!

My question though... I have downloaded program, created an account etc, and all I get is a crosshair with a red dot, on a blank white screen? I have BB Maps installed - Any ideas how to get it working?
    Ta!
    doesnt it say you need gps to make it work correctly.....
    10-17-08 08:00 AM
    I wish my curve had gps right about now.
    10-17-08 08:23 AM
    doesnt it say you need gps to make it work correctly.....
    Yes, I have the 8310 with Internal GPS.
    If I move any distance, I can see that the signal works, as the red dot moves away from the original cross hair. However, still left with a blank screen?
    10-17-08 08:45 AM
    I just downloaded it and can't wait to try it out. I commute 120 miles per day and this should come in very handy!
    10-17-08 10:26 AM
    Yes, I have the 8310 with Internal GPS.
    If I move any distance, I can see that the signal works, as the red dot moves away from the original cross hair. However, still left with a blank screen?
    do you have a data plan?
    10-17-08 10:31 AM
    I want to give this a try.
    Does it cost anything?
    10-17-08 10:36 AM
    Here's what I know. It's completely free. I have Google maps loaded on my phone, but, I don't know if that has anything to do with it working for me or not.
    When I log into it, I have the red cross hair, but, I also have a complete map of my area. If you go into the Help/Settings menu, it gives you the info on how to zoom in/out, and more. Could it be something in there that might help?
    10-17-08 10:39 AM
    I want to give this a try.
    Does it cost anything?
    looks free on the site, i know the iPhone app is free...
    10-17-08 10:40 AM
    WOW!! I feel so important. One of my threads is actually on the...um...map! Hehe. Couldn't resist the pun! LOL
    10-17-08 10:43 AM
    looks free on the site, i know the iPhone app is free...

Thanks Benz.
    I just downloaded into my phone. I'm going to play with it @ work. Hopefully I will test it out when I go to lunch.
    10-17-08 10:46 AM
    WOW!! I feel so important. One of my threads is actually on the...um...map! Hehe. Couldn't resist the pun! LOL
    congrats on the 100th post!!!

10-17-08 10:46 AM
    Benz: Thank you thank you!! I'm just beaming from ear to ear that a resident GENIUS such as yourself, has acknowledge me! YAY!!
    Now, if I can just get my name listed in the phonebook all would be right with the world! hehe
    10-17-08 10:55 AM
    Benz: Thank you thank you!! I'm just beaming from ear to ear that a resident GENIUS such as yourself, has acknowledge me! YAY!!
    Now, if I can just get my name listed in the phonebook all would be right with the world
    ! hehe
    that, i know NOTHING about! hahahah
    10-17-08 10:58 AM
    Weird - It now works! I have just gone into the app again to check settings, and it now has a map!!

For reference to prev questions, yes I have a data plan, and I have Google maps (although I don't think this affects it).

Thanks for the help, I'll now take a look at plotting some Cameras in the UK!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 11:57 AM
    D/led it no maps. Deleted and re D/L still no maps. 8310 AT&T with OS 4.5.93. Any suggestions?
    10-17-08 02:14 PM
    I deleted it again and reloaded with the DM. Now working fine. Had used the browser method before
    10-17-08 05:02 PM
    I downloded the software. I log in I left in alone for 10 min and it still said searching for location??
    Did I do something wrong?
    10-17-08 05:18 PM
    Try manually refreshing your GPS.
    options > advanced options > GPS > press menu > refresh GPS.
    It helps if you do this outdoors with an unobstructed view if the sky.
    10-17-08 05:29 PM
    AG do you think I should try it outside?
    I'm inside my job office.
    10-17-08 05:38 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD