I tried to post this in Help, but, I don't have enough status, so, since I'm using an 8330, I thought I'd post it here.

Yesterday, while organizing pictures with Media Manager, I accidentally deleted my entire Photo folder on my media card instead of just the picture I thought I had highlighted. The folder did not appear in my recycling bin and I was pretty much heartbroken. Most of the threads I read said that the photos were gone.

When I got home last night, I remembered that one of my better Lexar CF cards for my DSLR had photo recovery software with it. I went and put the tiny micro-sd card in the adapter and then in the card reader and launched the Lexar software. The recovery software was able to find 128 of the pictures on my card. Some of them I had actually deleted on purpose months ago. I was thrilled!

So, I wanted to share that if you do accidentally delete your photos from your micro-sd card, a good photo recovery software may be able to find them for you. When you're buying memory cards, check to see if they include the software on them. Since I use my DSLR so much, I knew that at some point I might need it. I never thought I'd be using it with my Berry.
    01-09-09 08:35 AM
    This is a good tip! Thanks. Now if only they made an app to recover email and other files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD