So on my old phone(sidekick LX) when ever it seemed to get slow and overloaded with info and activity I would turn it off(unless i was to lazy to hold the power button i would do a soft reset.) My Blackberry is starting to lag and i tried turning it off but nothing really happend. Almost as if I didnt turn it off at all the web page I was on before was still completely loaded and running. So Im wondering is there how would the reset work?

someone help thanks
    09-10-09 09:16 PM
    Do a battery pull. Physically remove the battery (while the phone is still on), wait 20 seconds then put the battery back in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:26 PM
    or hit alt + right shift + delete. it will simulate a battery pull without physically removing the battery.
    09-10-09 09:29 PM
    i just use the free version of the quickpull app, little easier to do a reset if you have your phone in a case or anything like that
    09-10-09 09:30 PM
    Both the Alt-Shift-Delete and Quickpull app do the same thing, a soft reset (software reset).

The only way to do a true reset is with the battery pull.

09-10-09 09:41 PM
    The best thing you can do is an actual battery pull. I would recommend that.
    09-10-09 09:42 PM
    Does doing that hurt the phone in any way? When I did it with my sidekick it would loose my contacts for a while and redownload them some how. I would also reset my phone like once a day becuase it would get laggy. I would imagine pulling the battery once a day on my blackberry would hurt it somehow.
    09-10-09 09:44 PM
    It won't hurt it at all. Relax, you have a reliable device so enjoy it!
    09-10-09 09:46 PM
    Thats a relief, my old phone was a total POS but dont wanna go there lol
    thanks everyone
    09-10-09 09:50 PM
    I don't do a battery pull on a daily basis, only when things seem slugish or maybe once every 10 days or so.

Sometimes just do a soft reset.

But no, the battey pull will not harm your new Blackberry device.

09-10-09 09:53 PM
    Quick Pull has worked great! Here is where you can pick it up...

QuickPull Pro v3 - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    09-10-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD