i wanted to know if there was a way to delete the curves memory as if it was a brand new phone???
    05-26-08 07:08 PM
    Options, Security, General Settings then hit the menu key and select wipe handheld.
    05-26-08 07:12 PM
    Also you can do a hard reset:

1. Take out the battery.

2. Wait 5 seconds.

3. Press and hold the power button.

4. Put the battery back into place while still holding the power button.

I believe this works as well.
    05-27-08 02:51 AM
    Also you can do a hard reset:

1. Take out the battery.

2. Wait 5 seconds.

3. Press and hold the power button.

4. Put the battery back into place while still holding the power button.

I believe this works as well.
    that will reset the phone if frozen but not DELETE everything.. what ERdude said is the easiest way to do it. OR if you want you can password protect it and then enter the wrong password in a certain ammount of times and it will wipe/delete everything off aswell lol
    05-27-08 02:56 AM
    Options, Security, General Settings then hit the menu key and select wipe handheld.
    I've been cracking my head trying to figure this out all day... haha. Thanks for the info.
    05-27-08 03:29 AM
    I see a lot of people ask about this, still being new to BB why would someone want to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 03:31 AM
    I see a lot of people ask about this, still being new to BB why would someone want to do this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did it when I had to send back my Pearl which I exchanged for the Curve.
    05-27-08 01:13 PM
    I did it when I had to send back my Pearl which I exchanged for the Curve.
    YEAH, I HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING AS WELL BEFORE I SEND BACK MY CURVE CAUSE OF SOME TECHNICAL ISSUES FOR A WARRANTY EXCHANGE. I ACTUALLY WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WIPE HANDHELD MEANT ACTUALLY BEFORE I END UP OWING AT&T ANY UNNECCESARY EXTRA CASH!
    05-28-08 01:54 PM
    Will the wipe reset it to the point that it cant be used on the phone (verizon) network? My blackberry browser vanished from the screen (and its not just hidden) and when I try to open it through "switch application" I get the message:
    "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device"

I called my service provider and got no help. Any thoughts?
    06-14-08 11:59 PM
    Will the wipe reset it to the point that it cant be used on the phone (verizon) network? My blackberry browser vanished from the screen (and its not just hidden) and when I try to open it through "switch application" I get the message:
    "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries.. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device"

I called my service provider and got no help. Any thoughts?
    go to options > advanced options > host routing tables > press menu >
    select register now. That ought to get you back.
    06-15-08 12:08 AM
    wicked awesome. Thanks. Never would have thought of that one.
    06-15-08 12:11 AM
    i'm new to having a blackberry and i've had white screen with an hour glass for 4 hours now. I have pulled the battery, tried to do a reset by pushing alt+rshift+del, and still nothing but the white screen and rotating hour glass. I've only had the phone a month and i live 3000 miles away from my family, who are the holders of an agreement, which would mean i would be without a phone for at least a month, and i can't do that. Please help!!!!!!! I have a Curve 8310.
    08-14-09 10:01 PM
    i'm new to having a blackberry and i've had white screen with an hour glass for 4 hours now. I have pulled the battery, tried to do a reset by pushing alt+rshift+del, and still nothing but the white screen and rotating hour glass. I've only had the phone a month and i live 3000 miles away from my family, who are the holders of an agreement, which would mean i would be without a phone for at least a month, and i can't do that. Please help!!!!!!! I have a Curve 8310.
    Probably should start your own thread to get more responses, but search here or look in bb help (top part of page) for saving a dead bb.
    08-14-09 10:17 PM
    Or you could look up the BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) program. Then you can back up everything before you wipe it...
    08-15-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD