Ok I Just Bought This Blackberry From Someone, And It Was A Little Scratched Up, And The Track Ball Is A Little Off, Is There Anyway And Can Get A Replacement?
    09-07-09 03:41 PM
    Scratches and things being a little off is not a reason to get a replacement.
    09-07-09 03:50 PM
    Yeah definitely.

I bought a used Toyota Landcruiser off some guy on Craigslist and it was all jacked up from him off roading it.

I took it to the Toyota dealer and they exchanged it for me.
    09-07-09 03:53 PM
    Just get a new bezel and trackball...is easy to replace it...
    09-07-09 03:54 PM
    Yeah definitely.

I bought a used Toyota Landcruiser off some guy on Craigslist and it was all jacked up from him off roading it.

Your so funny lazerus...
    09-07-09 03:54 PM
    Yeah definitely.

Just get a new bezel and trackball...is easy to replace it...
    Hmm, Yeah I Might Do That! Were Can I Get Them?
    09-07-09 04:54 PM
    09-07-09 05:22 PM
    If there is something wrong to where the phone does not work properly & the support cannot fix it then they will replace it, but for Physical damaged, it is not covered under warranty. That's the difference between Insurance & warranty.
    09-07-09 09:32 PM
    Did you buy the phone new from shop?
    If so, you should expect the phone to be perfect, both visually and in function.

If you got it 2nd hand, I guess you have to accept that it may not be in mint condition but if it was advertised as being in mint condition, I would still contact the seller.

Maybe that's the USA vs. UK culture divide?

*EDIT*
    Just looked at the origional post again.
    Sound like you got it 2nd hand and new the condition of the device before you paid for it?
    If so, I don't think the phone company have any obligation to replace the handset.
    Last edited by Slvrbck; 09-08-09 at 04:17 AM.
    09-08-09 04:14 AM
    Typically device warranty's are for the original purchaser, at least from the carrier. The op may be able to contact RIM and have them process an exchange if the device is less than a year old.
    09-08-09 05:36 AM
    You can't ssend in a device with a scratch to rim or an "off" TB.. And considering its been 10 months since the 8900 release (not USA), its less than a year. I highly doubt the user has recourse thru rim. Best to thru the seller if ebay. If CList, stick a fork in it, its over baby blue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD