My son threw my Blackberry 8530 and the LCD screen cracked. I bought a new one and got it today. I took apart the phone carefully and put the new LCD screen in and put the phone back together. Now I can't get the screen to turn on. I put the old screen back on just to see if maybe the new one I got was broken, but that one won't turn on either. I know the battery is fine because I see the flashing red light and I am able to receive/make phone calls... I just don't know why I can't get the screen to work. HELP!
    05-24-10 01:59 PM
    I know this sounds simple, but usually solutions are. Check all your connections and make sure you put everything back the way you found it. Was this your first disassembly?
    05-24-10 02:53 PM
    My son threw my Blackberry 8530 and the LCD screen cracked. I bought a new one and got it today. I took apart the phone carefully and put the new LCD screen in and put the phone back together. Now I can't get the screen to turn on. I put the old screen back on just to see if maybe the new one I got was broken, but that one won't turn on either. I know the battery is fine because I see the flashing red light and I am able to receive/make phone calls... I just don't know why I can't get the screen to work. HELP!
    It may be a bad connection, or possibly, when ur son threw it, he damaged the internal connection rendering the lcd usless...put the old one back on and put the phone together and take it in to the store to see what they say.
    05-24-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD