Hi! I have an unlocked Curve that was originally from AT&T. It is working fine, but I'd like to know if there's anyway I could remove the gigantic AT&T logo at start up.

Thanks in advance for your info.

Harris
    07-09-07 07:31 AM
    Sorry, this is a common request, but, no can do, no matter the carrier, or the device. It's 'hard coded', into the device...
    07-09-07 07:33 AM
    Oh well, thanks for the info.
    07-09-07 01:52 PM
    what does it mean to have an unlocked bb? new to the world of bb
    07-10-07 08:31 PM
    It means you can use your device with any GSM carrier. If it's 'locked' it's locked to one carrier only, for example T-Mobile, or AT&T...
    07-10-07 08:54 PM
    what does it mean to have an unlocked bb? new to the world of bb
    dude.......im not being rude, but how long have you owned a cellphone......of any kind. If you dont know what unlocked means.......youve been living on mars.
    01-04-09 11:19 PM
    dude.......im not being rude, but how long have you owned a cellphone......of any kind. If you dont know what unlocked means.......youve been living on mars.
    I have always said whenever there is a sentence like this one
    that includes the word but, everything before "but" is a lie.
    You were and the fact that you went back to a post from July
    to do so is simply a stunning level of rudeness.
    01-04-09 11:29 PM
    Agreed, it was totally out of line for the question, you were a newb at one poin too like all of us
    01-04-09 11:32 PM
    totally agreed. so rude and pointless.

simply a waste of bandwidth. if you have nothing positive to add do not post. this place should be one of help, not put down. some of you take for granted the knowledge you have. i am sure there is something you need help with and hopefully you will get the help you need without the attitude.
    01-04-09 11:35 PM
    And wtf it was July 07 not even 08... I think this person needs to get SENT to mars..
    01-05-09 02:13 AM
    I think you just got noobowned.

if you don't have anything worthwhile to say, keep it to yourself.
    01-05-09 03:11 AM
    I'll chime in on this one. How did he even find this post to try and flame the OP. Not what we like to see in the Crack Nation. Heck in some ways I am still a noob, learn something new about my berry all the time.
    01-05-09 03:16 AM
    LMAO these threads always amuse me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 05:56 AM
    Shoot, I didnt know what jailbreaking was when I got an iphone last year, when I got my BB, I was stunned you could put a diff OS on it, I dont live in mars, pretty close, for some people, (me) we didnt CARE about that stuff.
    01-05-09 06:10 AM
    Sorry, this is a common request, but, no can do, no matter the carrier, or the device. It's 'hard coded', into the device...
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but is it really 'impossible' to remove a startup logo? I thought removing the vendor.xml would do it but then I saw this thread.

It would be possible as long as you found a CDMA genius/programmer to help you out with the actual firmware/hardware itself right?

p.s. if anyone knows how to... we pay big $ for this task ..

Msn: PCITECH at LIVE.COM
    -Planet Cell
    06-04-10 05:20 PM
    It's not impossible; I've heard of ways to do it. But I don't know how, and I'm not planning on learning.
    Personally, The 3 second sprint screen isn't enough to make me risk ruining my berry.
    06-04-10 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD