Please is there a simple 'novice' method to remove the branding from the startup screen ? I have unlocked blackberry's so do not want to view another operators branding.

Thanks.
    06-18-10 05:37 PM
    you can reload the OS on your BB after deleting the Vendor file. I think this should do the trick.

I could be wrong though . . . see what others say
    06-18-10 05:41 PM
    Depends on which model. It involves illegally acquired software though. So we cant talk about it here.
    06-18-10 06:16 PM
    Depends on which model. It involves illegally acquired software though. So we cant talk about it here.
    'most' is the model , surely its not illegal to remove an operator picture from a phone 'you' own ?

I suppose its the actual software thats illegal, seems odd that the only way you can customise a phone is by obtaining illegal software ?
    06-19-10 09:52 AM
    Don't you only see that "operator picture" for maybe 10-15 seconds? Shouldn't be a big deal.
    06-19-10 09:17 PM
    Check out this other thread for a little more information as to why this is not legal.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/po...tartup-485510/
    06-19-10 09:22 PM
    In truth, much of this site is not legal. I mean, I own my avatar insignia. Who else can say that they acquired permission from the copyright holders of their images, or releases from the subjects in their photos? Or paid for their copy of Photoshop that they only cut, crop, and paste with?

I'll give the best answer as to why the 8900 isn't commonly de-branded.

The effort it takes is not worth the meager reward. It would be a nice novelty to have some imaginary or long-dead (or so they would have you believe) phone company branding on your phone, like Bell, or The Elisha Gray Telecommunications Company, or EGTC from one of an infinite number of alternate realities.
    06-20-10 01:04 AM
    Don't you only see that "operator picture" for maybe 10-15 seconds? Shouldn't be a big deal.
    Its not a big deal, just pointless having a 'orange' picture displayed when using a 'vodaphone' sim (example)
    Looks like i will have to live with it for 10 seconds, just would prefer it gone altogether.
    We could go down the route ''why buy a orange bb then get it unlocked to all networks'' ?
    06-20-10 10:06 AM
    Dude, i have exactly the same problem, and i know why you bought it on orange. simple.... it was cheaper. Still want to know how to put an image of my choice on there though....
    06-20-10 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD