what up guys -

so i just got my black keyboard that i ordered and was wondering how i safely take apart the curve to switch out the keyboards? i think there was a youtube video of this, but i don't remember what it was called

thanks
    07-12-08 01:44 PM
    Don't have the youtube link, but youll need a torx 5 (i believe).
    I got mine at sears but you can get them at radio shack as well.
    07-12-08 01:46 PM
    do a search on youtube and you'll find a bunch - I'd watch a couple first and see which one you like - that's what I did.
    07-12-08 01:49 PM
    Im getting ready to do this myself. Heres the link youre looking for

07-12-08 01:49 PM
    thanks guys

do any of you know the exact size for the torx/screw driver to take it out? where could i get one?
    07-12-08 01:57 PM
    i got an entire set at lowes for like $6.00

it is well worth it
    07-12-08 02:12 PM
    T5. If you go to Sears/Lowe's/etc, you can find a complete set T5-T10 which will include the other size (T7) that you'll need if you ever wish to further disassemble your berry. T5 is all you need for the keyboard swap though.
    07-12-08 02:12 PM
    Yep I just found mine. It is T5.
    07-12-08 02:15 PM
    post pics when your done!!

we love seeing hardware mods!!!
    07-12-08 02:21 PM
    I just changed mine this past week... but the only problem i got with this new keyboard is that it's a bit stiff... it's holding me down from typing fast... anyone have this problem as well?? at first, the buttons near the middle didn't have the clicking noise that i like cuz it lets me know that i actually hit the key... but anyways.. i took it back out and i just rolled it around just to break it in ya know... kinda fixed the middle keys but still some keys on the right side that's stressing my fingers out.. lol
    07-12-08 04:54 PM
    This is kinda worrying me rich. You're saying the keys don't click anymore? The reason I'm asking is because I have a black keyboard on the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-08 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD