I recently changed positions within my organization, and was removed from the BES server. I am able to disable password (which I wasn't able to do before on BES), and it now sawys "IT Policy Exempt". However, I can not edit application permissions. Is there ANY way to fix this?? I also cannot change the firewall settings, even though I'm not on the BES anymore...it's locked to "enabled" with a red padlock next to it. I really just want to edit my application permissions so that I can download 3rd party apps. Any suggestions???? Ideas??? Please advise. Thanks!
    08-16-09 09:36 AM
    Can you wipe phone in security options menu? In dm try deleting all application data or use jlcmdr to wipe device since you have password. Oh, security code might be four to eight "0's" including six only but if you don't get it the first time just go another route, that's in reference to doing the wipe on your hand held device. Pin or pm if any!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 09:47 AM
    Can you wipe phone in security options menu? In dm try deleting all application data or use jlcmdr to wipe device since you have password. Oh, security code might be four to eight "0's" including six only but if you don't get it the first time just go another route, that's in reference to doing the wipe on your hand held device. Pin or pm if any!

I wiped my handheld, but the firewall is still enabled with that red padlock next to it. I still can't change my application permissions....I feel like my blackberry is outsmarting me :-/
    08-16-09 09:53 AM
    Lol! Okay so you wiped your phone on the phone! But now you'll have to do it with crackmem or jlcmdr but first you'll also have to dl and install another OS. There is a lecture here on it but I'm via ? and can't easily post its link. You are still in good hands either way!

08-16-09 10:11 AM
    I think you are going to have to download CrackMem and then use that to clear out the It Policy from the device. Give that a shot and let us know if that worked or if you are still having problems.
    08-16-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD