Hello everyone got a quick question.

I was given an unlocked 8900 from t-mobile to be used on the at&t network. How do I go about removing the t-mobile branding from the firmware on the phone? Is it as simple as installing the at&t OS, or do I have to dig a little bit deeper to do so?

Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to learn as much as I can about blackberries.
    11-04-09 04:13 PM
    It involves illegal-to-own/pirated software, and we're not allowed to discuss it on these forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 04:16 PM
    Alright, I was reading about deleting a vendor file or something like that? I guess that won't help much haha.
    11-04-09 04:21 PM
    Alright, I was reading about deleting a vendor file or something like that? I guess that won't help much haha.
    The previous poster is correct, the software is pirated. If you do some judicious searching here, you should be able to find what you need. Keep in mind that there really is nothing to be gained from unbranding your phone.

Doug
    11-04-09 04:25 PM
    The previous poster is correct, the software is pirated. If you do some judicious searching here, you should be able to find what you need. Keep in mind that there really is nothing to be gained from unbranding your phone.Doug
    to the OP you gain nothing by debranding the phone, this poster is correct.
    11-04-09 04:33 PM
    Does a T-Mobile start up screen really bother you? Cause that's about the only branding the phone has. Other than that, maybe a wap browser, but who uses those that much anyways?
    11-04-09 05:21 PM
    It involves illegal-to-own/pirated software, and we're not allowed to discuss it on these forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nothing against T-Mobile, love them but I'd like to have an unbranded phone. I looked into this and not only is the software iffy, I understand you could damage your phone using it.

You'll probably never really totally unbrand it anyway. You have the logo on the camera slot and the MyFaves logo on the back under the battery door.
    11-04-09 08:59 PM
    the real answer, from someone who has unbranded many BB devices, is that the software needed to unbrand will not even work with an 8900. RIM upgraded their security software in all devices since the 8900's release and the publicly leaked software cannot communicate with the phone. so there is no public way to debrand/rebrand any of the new devices made after the Bold (which can). so even if you obtain the stuff needed to do it, it wont work anyways.
    11-04-09 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD