Hello everybody im just looking for some help on how to fix my bb 8900. i dropped the phone on the water and now is showing a white screen that say that i need to reload the software 513. somehow everytime i connect the phone to the computer it tells me that it cant be recongnised. please if i can get soem help with this it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    04-03-09 10:09 PM
    You may want to drop it in a bowl of rice and let it sit for a day or 2 to dry out. It might be toast though. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 10:53 PM
    ANOTHER water logged 8900? Sheesh.

You can try the rice trick but it sounds like it is too late.
    04-04-09 12:54 AM
    LOL Rice WTF
    Rice it hygroscopic (huh?). This means that it sucks up water. The idea is that it dries out the insides of a damp phone without the need for you having to take it completely apart.

Ime, it dries out fine but can also leave traces of rice dust cement in tside the box but even this is better than water.

In this article it postulates the toilet bowl being partially negated by the rice bowl - lol. How to clean up water-damaged electronics: the rice bowl
    04-04-09 06:31 AM
    My pakistani electronics repair friend claims lucky charms cereal is a solid substance for water logged phones, but I can't confirm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 07:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD