I have a Blackberry Curve 8520, just bought it 2 weeks ago, in the U.A.E and i got the message today while trying to update my software. Half Way thru the update, it stopped and said it couldnt update me, then once i disconnected the smart phone i received the error message in a blank white screen saying "Reload Software: 507 error" I have a Macbook Pro, can anyone please help me!
    12-04-09 04:58 AM
    Read carefully these two 101s: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com and BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com.

Then download the latest official release for the 8520 here Blackberry.

Post if you face and difficulties or has further doubts,we're here to help.
    12-04-09 07:01 AM
    I have a Mac Computer, the links u provided aren't applicable for me Im going tomorrow to the Store from which i bought it, they said they could reload the software for free
    12-04-09 02:33 PM
    Are you sure you can't do it yourself using the Mac version of Desktop Manager? How did you start the update process anyway (I am curious, not bashing you)?

Well anyway, if they can (and for free) let them do it. I know I'd love if I could just have a coffee with friends and have the store do the OS updates for me!
    12-04-09 03:30 PM
    I have a mac and desktop manager does not recognize my phone at all. It got interrupted when i was trying to update it and i got the 507 message. I couldn't even see the phone as a USB plugin which normally shows up on the desktop. I kept pulling the battery and somehow it's updating now (will probably fail again, but try try again!)
    Verizon usually updates phones for you, of they have for me in the past but they warn that information could be lost.

as far as updating the phone, it will ask if you want to update to a certain version upon plugging your phone into the computer. I picked the latest version, it updated most of the way and then failed
    12-18-09 10:20 PM
    Dear Friends. I have run into the same problem with my Blackberry and the new Mac Desktop Manager. I have some steps to recover and upload your new OS.

-Start Blackberry Desktop Manager
    -In the Window Menu open the log window
    -Connect your cable to your Blackberry first and then connect to the other end to your mac
    -Now you should see some log lines starting to appear until they repeat showing "Throwing Unsupported Device....." It will loop about 20 to 25 times, then, the Desktop Manager will recognize that it needs to upload the OS on the device and suddenly you will get the window to choose which OS to load. Make sure the battery is in the blackberry otherwise it won't be able to recognize the device PIN.

Hope it helps, it worked for me (Blackberry Curve 8350i Nextel)
    -
    Last edited by cqaurich; 01-13-10 at 07:42 PM.
    f0xx386 likes this.
    01-13-10 07:31 PM
    Finally, a post how to solve this for a MAC..thank you sooooo much cqaurich !!!
    01-25-10 11:54 PM
    i dropped my bb in water yesterday i got it dried out but have the white reload software screen. how do i fix this???
    01-26-10 09:15 AM
    i dropped my bb in water yesterday i got it dried out but have the white reload software screen. how do i fix this???
    There are very detailed instructions posted above to reload the software. Unless you are having trouble with DM recognizing your device?
    01-26-10 09:32 AM
    Dear Friends. I have run into the same problem with my Blackberry and the new Mac Desktop Manager. I have some steps to recover and upload your new OS.

-Connect your cable to your Blackberry first and then connect to the other end to your mac
    -Now you should see some log lines starting to appear until they repeat showing "Throwing Unsupported Device....." It will loop about 20 to 25 times, then, the Desktop Manager will recognize that it needs to upload the OS on the device and suddenly you will get the window to choose which OS to load. Make sure the battery is in the blackberry otherwise it won't be able to recognize the device PIN.

-
    cquarich,

You must have some fantastic luck if that happened. After a night of trying to bring my Tour back up to speed with my Mac, trying that method, and using VMWare to try a Windows environment, with no luck, I called RIM and they informed me that the option you specified doesn't exist.

To bring a BB back from a 507 error, it can not be done with a Mac at all. It much be a genuine PC.
    02-03-10 07:56 AM
    This actually worked.. i not only successfully reloaded the OS but am also restoring my bb. i tried the OS recommended by BB then after a certain point it failed.. so i have reloaded the previous version and am glad it worked.. i must admit it tested my patience.. its been almost 2 hours getting my bb back to life..thanks a ton for the info
    Yaps @ yapsberry
    02-06-10 09:58 AM

-
    I don't know what difference opening the Log viewer made but it worked. I was without my phone for a little while and I think I started having some withdrawl symptoms.
    02-11-10 09:56 AM
    Thank you. This worked to restore my Tour 9630 (sprint). You saved me a drive and frustration. Including data restore, took 35 minutes total. Thanks again!
    02-11-10 01:29 PM

-
    YOU ARE THE MOST AMAZING PERSON IN THE WORLD!!!!!
    Worked like a charm! Even after EVERYONE (Verizon, RIM, Geeks of all nature) said it couldn't be done... I think... I think I might love you. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! SAAAAVED MY LIFE!
    Done (without a problem) on a Tour 9630 (Verizon) on a Macbook Pro.

Life is good again.
    f0xx386 likes this.
    02-15-10 01:05 PM
    Hey,

I put off updating my Curve 8330s software FOREVER! Finally I have some time to just fool around, and it stops halfway through the update. I get an App Error 205. DM refuses to recognize my device. Therefore the option to re-install an OS doesn't even show up. DM either just keeps connecting forever, or tells me to try again.

Perhaps I've missed a work through for this. But I have come across a few forums now that everyone seems to have success with. Help please!
    03-10-10 12:04 AM
    No need to dispair. It is in coma, not dead.

First, if you are a Mac user like the OP get yourself a PC.

After that, give a good read to there articles:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

Blackberry 101: How to Install or Upgrade your BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

After you're done, download the latest OS version for your device (which I don't know: this is the 85xx forums but your info says 8300. So get what really suits you) and start from scratch - delete all OS versions you previously had before starting.

After you follow the 101 instructions, you are most probably going to have a working berry.

Good luck!
    03-10-10 06:05 AM
    thank you sooooo much!! I got my BB back!!
    03-22-10 10:03 PM
    Hi everybody,
    i try up os for my bb 8520, but have error: reload software 507. anyone can help me, many thanks
    05-08-10 11:51 PM
    Just read the links I posted here and follow the instructions.

Good luck.
    05-09-10 12:00 AM
    Dear Diegonei,
    can u talk about error: "reload software 507

do u know CFP tool
    Last edited by ambitions202; 05-09-10 at 12:15 AM.
    05-09-10 12:11 AM
    Dear ambitions202,

That happens whenever an app (be it part of the OS or a third party) gets corrupted in any way, thus preventing the OS to load as it should.

Only way to solve said problem is reloading the OS, procedure which this thread already describes (and you found it instead of starting a new one! congratz!!).

Just read up the 101s, keep your calm, and you'll have your 8520 running soon.

If it's any confort, I am fighting a Reload Software 200 right now.
    Last edited by diegonei; 06-22-11 at 07:54 PM.
    05-09-10 12:19 AM
    Dear Diegonei,

i trying, many thanks bro
    05-09-10 12:59 AM
    Dear Diegonei,

i trying, many thanks bro
    Most important part is keeping your cool. I just (thanks to kwikid for forcing me into an insight hehe) overcome my App error 200.
    05-09-10 01:05 AM
    Most important part is keeping your cool. I just (thanks to kwikid for forcing me into an insight hehe) overcome my App error 200.
    No reason to thank me.... sometimes it just takes discussing an issue to make the light bulb turn on in one's head.
    05-09-10 01:14 AM

-
    You are my savior.
    07-25-10 07:50 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD