Hi

I wiped my 8520 with JL_Cmder. I got the error 507. I tried to reload software with DM. It starts loading but when it tries to reboot the device, the phone restarts,and when it is about a third of the way restarting it off and starts to restart again. it happens a fewtimes than DM says cannot connect to device.

Please i need urgent help.
    03-21-12 12:18 PM
    If your running windows XP do what i mentioned below..

if windows 7 do the same as below but you may have a second vendor file to look for that also must be deleted...

507 means no software is on your device delete all OS from your PC it has to be clean
    and you don`t need to have DM to load OS..

Find the latest upgraded OS... load on pc... when its finished it will mention do you wish to run app loader... don`t....

Follow these steps

start menu...

program files...

common files...

research in motion...

app loader...

Make sure you DELETE Vendor file MXL

then plug phone into pc then click app loader
    Let it do its thing
    Don`t unplug the phone untill its completely finished..takes about 20 mins...
    this is the most common way to upgrade your Phone..
    Hope it helps
    thugusher likes this.
    03-21-12 01:45 PM
    Secondly

If this does not work you need to reload original OS for the phone that you have... usually has to be the original carriers OS for that phone that might mean OS5.if that`s what your running.
    Depending on your location
    Example i`m with Rogers i would have to reload original Rogers OS to bring the phone back to factory settings...
    03-21-12 01:51 PM
    To solve go to : Flashear Blackberry | flashea
    Good lukcs!!!
    04-15-12 12:18 PM
    Hi folks.. i had a similar problem with my bb 8520. was initially getting the App 523 error so used bbsak to wipe phone then got 507 error. tried numerous times to load os using bb desktop mgr but it kept on failing when it was two-third complete loading os. i used bbsak to wipe device again and then bb desktop mgr wasn't picking up my phone at all this time. so i followed your advice and deleted the vendor.xml file. reconnected my phone and bb desk mgr picked my device and was able to load new os now phone is running sweet..

thanks a million
    06-13-12 03:48 PM
    sir,for what we should download the os phone or pc
    01-18-15 06:53 AM
    sir,for what we should download the os phone or pc
    Computer.

BlackBerry smartphone displays �507� error
    BlackBerry Knowledge Base
    01-18-15 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD